Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rules Updates For Primal Dawn regarding Copies

Quote Originally Posted by HEXahedron View Post
    the resolution of the first "copy this" power results in priority being passed prior to the resolution of the second "copy this"
    why should there be priority before one and not the other?
    identical effects should behave identically

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    why should there be priority before one and not the other?
    identical effects should behave identically
    They are behaving identically. They each create priority after their resolution, because they put a new card onto the chain (unless something happens to prevent that new card from entering the chain).

Devoted Emissary
    A question about the original post by Magician, I'm wondering about this rule:

• powers are not restored to the copy if the original card has used its power.
    Since it is the only rule that doesn't begin with an uppercase letter, I think that it may have been copied directly from a document and there should be a 1-SHOT image or something before 'powers'. Is this the case, or is the current rule in the correct form?
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!

The only posts in this thread that were deleted by moderators were those that had been edited by their poster to be empty of content.
    My bad then, as a reason to not make me a moderator i want to point out i would have restored the text to those posts instead.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by 05K4R View Post
    Oh, now that makes sense! I've thought about that for a while, but couldn't get my head around it. So if you interrupt copy #1 instead of the original, you get a copy #2 right?
    That's correct. If you interrupt the copy instead of the original, the original will continue to process its remaining text (such as creating additional copies after the first).

Also, thanks to HEXahedron for providing additional clarification to what I said earlier.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I'm glad you're finally coming around Corey. Now there's just a couple of other small matters you guys need to attend to.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

They are behaving identically. They each create priority after their resolution, because they put a new card onto the chain (unless something happens to prevent that new card from entering the chain).
    Now that seems strange, What I see is:
    1) Put Burn on chain
    2) Create Copy 1
    3) Give priority

How come 2 gives priority to the other player but 1 does not?
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

The copy creation is a triggered effect that happens when the card is played. You still get priority for both burns, but not before that copy effect had triggered
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

i can see how it works as a program, and i appreciate the explanation

but the card wording does not suggest that it works like this at all. it only makes sense if you combine that with some obscure reverse-engineering of the programming.

it would be better to fix the rule or update the card text of copiers to not be misleading imo

Quote Originally Posted by Timlagor View Post
    Now that seems strange, What I see is:
    1) Put Burn on chain
    2) Create Copy 1
    3) Give priority

How come 2 gives priority to the other player but 1 does not?
    Your understanding is flawed. 1) does give priority to the other player, but FIRST a non-targeted trigger happens (create a copy), which supersedes the player-visible chain.

If the effect generated by the trigger did not require priority itself (say the effect was "deal 1 damage to each opposing champion" instead of "create a copy"), no additional items would show up in the chain at all, and if you had that text added to the card being played twice, it would deal damage twice without giving the other player any chance to respond.

But since the non-targeted trigger creates a respond-able event, the rules engine dictates that the other player gets priority to attempt to respond to the new event before it continues on to the next non-targeted trigger (in this case, creating the 2nd copy). The game is still handling both events the same way, but the SITUATION changes between copy #1 and copy #2, therefore you get different results.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well