Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149

Thread: HEX Update - More of that Polish

  1. #101
    What the problem boils down to is there is no transparency into what you guys are doing and what is leading to these delays. I think most people following the Invitational were thinking that bug squashing was all that was left and release only rested on that being taken care of. Now thanks to some tidbits in this thread we've essentially found out that bugs aren't really whats holding things back. Piecing together different bits of info, it seems the Steam release is what is holding it back.

    If you straight up communicated to the players that Set 4 release would be delayed because of the Steam launch, and given some good reasons as to why this is the order in which you are prioritizing things (which I'm sure there are) then people would have been much more understanding..not only for the fact that you're being upfront and honest but also because there's an actual external reason beyond the team's normal duties for the delay. Heck maybe Cory was even right about Set 4 being ready for release in Early April and the only thing that prevented it from happening was the Steam news...that bit of information alone would inspire some more confidence.

    Instead what we got were threads where people are asking all confused which is coming first (Steam or Set 4), then some tidbits of information from Colin suggesting the Steam timeline caught you guys abit off-guard, and now pretty much confirmation in this thread that indeed this is what seems to be transpiring.

    TLDR: In the end we have, we are, or we will sort of find out what happened so instead of keeping the players in the dark guessing/confused/frustrated/angry/helpless at what is going - I really think you should have just come out and explained a bit what this reshuffling so close to Set 4 release is about.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Instead what we got were threads where people are asking all confused which is coming first (Steam or Set 4), then some tidbits of information from Colin suggesting the Steam timeline caught you guys abit off-guard, and now pretty much confirmation in this thread that indeed this is what seems to be transpiring.
    To be clear I wasn't suggesting that the Steam release caught anyone off-guard, just pointing out that it isn't something that has a timeline that is controlled by the developer. Steam decides when to approve stuff on this own schedule.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

    "The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

  3. #103
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    What the problem boils down to is there is no transparency into what you guys are doing and what is leading to these delays. I think most people following the Invitational were thinking that bug squashing was all that was left and release only rested on that being taken care of. Now thanks to some tidbits in this thread we've essentially found out that bugs aren't really whats holding things back. Piecing together different bits of info, it seems the Steam release is what is holding it back.

    If you straight up communicated to the players that Set 4 release would be delayed because of the Steam launch, and given some good reasons as to why this is the order in which you are prioritizing things (which I'm sure there are) then people would have been much more understanding..not only for the fact that you're being upfront and honest but also because there's an actual external reason beyond the team's normal duties for the delay. Heck maybe Cory was even right about Set 4 being ready for release in Early April and the only thing that prevented it from happening was the Steam news...that bit of information alone would inspire some more confidence.

    Instead what we got were threads where people are asking all confused which is coming first (Steam or Set 4), then some tidbits of information from Colin suggesting the Steam timeline caught you guys abit off-guard, and now pretty much confirmation in this thread that indeed this is what seems to be transpiring.

    TLDR: In the end we have, we are, or we will sort of find out what happened so instead of keeping the players in the dark guessing/confused/frustrated/angry/helpless at what is going - I really think you should have just come out and explained a bit what this reshuffling so close to Set 4 release is about.
    This is absolutely how I feel too (for what it's worth).

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejis View Post
    This is absolutely how I feel too (for what it's worth).
    Fingers crossed that we get a really solid new CM in place soon that addresses some of those issues.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

  5. #105
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    535
    From how I read things; Hex have been working on Steam integration stuff for a while under some dev branch, in the meantime people had been planning other development / releases with just a questions mark for steam in the timeline > we get damn close to Set 4 release, Valve finally make up their mind about approving the game, now Hex have to push live a bunch of stuff to support that and so can't / won't release the new set before then (I imagine a whole bunch of bug-testing probably has to be re-done to make sure the steam dev branch stuff doesn't break any existing cards / other "done" cards)

    It sounds like some really unfortunate timing I wish you guys had move devs to get all that testing / etc done quicker (or have had it done already) so we could get shiny cards sooner - but I guess with the Steam launch that will give you enough of a cash injection to hire on more people (which should give a bit of breathing room for everyone who has been working hard! don't burn yourselves out)

    It's still pretty frustrating but realistically you guys are a small shop with a super-ambitious goal; I hope Steam and Set 4 can maybe help you get towards being a medium sized shop

  6. #106
    Guys, seriously, we become very ridiculous by whining like little children who keep asking why why? why? Don't you think ?

    They said early april without been specific, they didn't make it because of stream integration and others dev stuff. They delivered a QoL patch to prepare the stream lauch what clearly mean no set 4 before steam lauch.

    So that's means steam next week or the week after and a set 4 one to 3 weeks after that. You really don't need to have more information than that

    Like children, your daddy or mommy will not give you the new toy because you keep asking but why, but why, but why ?


    The real issue is just delay between set which is a high risk of premature death for the game if next sets are not released with reasonnable delays. And they are aware of that.

    So back off guys

  7. #107
    We were having a perfectly civil conversation and debate until your comment.

  8. #108
    It was certainly not.
    You may save the appearances by writing a tones of lines which keep reapeting the same complaint over and over again.
    Bottom line it's children whining and sometimes even worst : kickstarter backers over self-estime thinking they need to know every thing about the game dev.

    I really don't think, right now, the forum give a flattering image of the established hex community.
    And it's a little too bad because new players are coming.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    It was certainly not.
    You may save the appearances by writing a tones of lines which keep reapeting the same complaint over and over again.
    Bottom line it's children whining and sometimes even worst : kickstarter backers over self-estime thinking they need to know every thing about the game dev.

    I really don't think, right now, the forum give a flattering image of the established hex community.
    And it's a little too bad because new players are coming.
    Get off your soapbox buddy. Players that have been around from the start, are upset because the devs no longer communicate like they used to. They're upset because they love the game, and hate to see HXE kill the hypetrain yet again. This isn't a case of entitlement, this is loving concern. The hex forums have always been some of the most insanely evangelistic communities to grace the world of gaming... and you want to pin their collective change of mood back on them? Are you nuts?

  10. #110
    Right now as a hex community renowned for its conviviality and its generousness, we need to push set 4 in the back of our head (because nothing we say will change some fact) and think about the best way to welcome new players and make them stay

    If i were Cory and given the constant same complaints, i would shut down the kickstarter communication mode with friday updates and all.
    And i would apply a "no more communication about dev" until each patch update is 100 % ready to lauch next day and hold back the release 3 or 4 weeks to allow teasing and some spoilers activity.

    More like a lambda relationship between dev and players... but your loss
    Last edited by Gregangel; 04-13-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •