Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: HEX Update - More of that Polish

poor Shaqqataq ^^. ON the one hand i feel for him ont he tohe r i am as much frustrated as everyone else.
    Proud Champion tier backer

On a side note, if you guys flipped on the switch and gave us another flashback week, say this coming week, that would be mighty awesome

I would personally spend all my plat if we got swiss flashback drafts. No doubt a lot of the new post pve-launch crowd would be very interested in that.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by icecon View Post
    On a side note, if you guys flipped on the switch and gave us another flashback week, say this coming week, that would be mighty awesome

I would personally spend all my plat if we got swiss flashback drafts. No doubt a lot of the new post pve-launch crowd would be very interested in that.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Flash me back! Totally up for that. I will purchase some plat immediately if that happens.

And Shaq, we do appreciate the posts and the time spent writing them, so thank you.
    Best of luck to the team moving forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    No company has full transparency. I believe we're more open than most, and something I've tried to touch on is that it's difficult to satisfy everyone. We had people in this thread ranging from the position that we could end all Friday updates to having the position that we should share financials. From your posts, I understand that you think we should be far more transparent than we are. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to hit exactly where you as an individual would find ideal in our messaging, but we-- when fully staffed, at least-- strive for some hope of open channels of discussion, which has been happening in this thread over the past few days.

Earlier, you brought up a potential bug list and countdown, and I outlined even a bug countdown list is complicated and requires great context. Even if you, as Bootlace, are capable of understanding the complexities of the development process, that's an extremely high level of information that can't be expected of everyone. If a delay is even more complicated than a bug list, it would take a great deal of time investment on our part to create a thorough enough explanation of all the factors, their weight, and what it all means. And the matrix of factors could easily change day to day; in the past, it certainly has. That means even more messages going out and all the troubles that come with this approach, of which there are many. And ultimately, what does it result in? The feature doesn't launch any earlier. You can't take action based on that information either. The handful of high-information people (who have likely worked in games) understand the conversation, but most are still left with a flawed or incomplete picture of what's happened.

Real quick, I also wanted to address the topic of the Spectral Acorn. Once we declare that we're preparing a statement, we are now on a clock to deliver that statement. Again, we deliver content much, much faster upon completion of that content than your standard video game. If I had three months between a feature's completion and launch, sure, I could likely tell you dates. Games as a whole don't even really do that, though. Still, I don't have three months. And again, it doesn't exist in a vacuum. If we move the Spectral Acorn around in development or the launch schedule, suddenly we're "late" by pushing our own announcement when we didn't even have a guaranteed date to begin with. This, in a nutshell, is the basic trap we at HEX set for ourselves again and again. You'll see a Spectral Acorn statement close to its release, perhaps upon its release. In general, that's usually how messaging works and what you can expect with any feature.

To close, I want to say that I understand your frustration. We've discussed internally as a team which pain points we'll try to avoid in the future. I appreciate that you've been very clear and constructive with your posts, and trust that we've taken them in.
    Thanks Shaq!

I will say this for you guys, at critical times you do really show that you do still have a listening ear, which at times can be our last bastion of hope.

It's been unfortunate that Hex manages to put itself in poor situations largely due to crazy circumstances (I.E. Spectral Acorn changes intertwined with settlement) and then compounded by several instances of poor and/or mismanaged communications. But again Hex is a small company, stretched thin, with clearly several critical development paths simultaneously, and without a highly professional communications and marketing department, or really even "person".

I really do sincerely hope that your future community manager provides an informal outlet for development information, hurdles, and preliminary timelines for the truly engaged community. Shifting priorities slipping deadlines are a reality regardless of the level of transparency. Hex hasn't shown the ability to manage expectations or missing said expectations without transparency, so why not try a little transparency moving forward?
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

omg this thread just exploded!

As a developer myself, I understand delays completely. And you guys do a much better stuff communicating things then ... well, I'm not really sure, Hex is the only game I'm playing :P.

One thing that bothers me though, I came home today, started hex, and saw it update. That's at least two updates since Exit the dream that have no path notes.

Yeah, I can't find any details on this patch at all. I know they moved the timing bar back to the middle in draft; though my client froze completely after the first pick, locking me out for at least 5 rounds of picks before I realized what was going on to log back in.

Logged a support ticket, but it would have been really nice to have a thread to see if it is a common thing or not.

Patch notes can permanently be found here: https://www.hextcg.com/patch-notes/e...t-patch-notes/

Ideally we'd have a link to them on our main page, but we have some features to launch and those take priority.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Patch notes can permanently be found here: https://www.hextcg.com/patch-notes/e...t-patch-notes/

Ideally we'd have a link to them on our main page, but we have some features to launch and those take priority.
    Understood - I'll check back later to see when today's notes go up.

Maybe I'm slow, but I just noticed that the polish patch is called "Exit the Dream" (because it killed the "Enter the Dream" deck). That's cute, I like it.

In the fullness of time, it would be great if we could have a full archive of historical patch notes, and not just stuff posted since the latest major update. When I played WoW, it was sometimes fun to go back and look over ancient patch notes for nostalgia value.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    Maybe I'm slow, but I just noticed that the polish patch is called "Exit the Dream" (because it killed the "Enter the Dream" deck). That's cute, I like it.

In the fullness of time, it would be great if we could have a full archive of historical patch notes, and not just stuff posted since the latest major update. When I played WoW, it was sometimes fun to go back and look over ancient patch notes for nostalgia value.
    Useful as well, I am less apt to submit a trouble ticket or note something on the forums with a full patch history as it helps me determine if it's my machine or a rule change/fix that I never noticed.