Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: HEX Update - More of that Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    +1 for a full patch history.
    There's lots of things we'd like to do, but ultimately limited resources with which to do them. It's likely that there will be a perpetual list of feature requests for this game until the end of time in the sense that no live PC game is ever "complete."
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

I think on the communication front the issue is the hot and cold nature of information. Funktion (I think) really nailed it in his don't be afraid to share bad news post. Ultimately I would prefer as little info all the time as we get during bad times, or as much disclosure during bad times as we get during good times. Turning on the tap when it's looking good and turning it off suddenly when things go south is most of the issue that I see everything leading back to.

Just my 2p.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Just my 2p.
    Due to conversion rates, this isn't much. HEY OOOOOOOH! Wait, wrong topic.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    There's lots of things we'd like to do, but ultimately limited resources with which to do them. It's likely that there will be a perpetual list of feature requests for this game until the end of time in the sense that no live PC game is ever "complete."
    While I agree in general, this particular one should be super easy. It's not even a "feature" per se. You just add a step in your process so that right before you would delete and replace the contents of the pretty patch notes page, you take the existing (old) information and add it to a text file that's displayed on some other (probably ugly) web page. It should add no more than 5 minutes to each patch notes upload, unless I'm missing something.

OTOH, someone involved with the wiki could do the same thing with a wiki page.

While I agree in general, this particular one should be super easy. It's not even a "feature" per se. You just add a step in your process so that right before you would delete and replace the contents of the pretty patch notes page, you take the existing (old) information and add it to a text file that's displayed on some other (probably ugly) web page. It should add no more than 5 minutes to each patch notes upload, unless I'm missing something.

OTOH, someone involved with the wiki could do the same thing with a wiki page.
    Like everything in HEX, the decision is more complicated than that.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

While I agree in general, this particular one should be super easy.
    I would almost guarantee we could get someone like dylannorthrup to write a script that would check the page for updates and grab it and archive it. I will check and see if he can take a stab at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    Nobody responds well to the types of statements as I quoted above, but I can guarantee there won't be an official date announcement for Primal Dawn on Friday. What I can say is that our internal projected date for Primal Dawn won't have moved by Friday either. Clearly Steam launch is a huge piece and we'll have a better idea once we're past that. Also, not guaranteeing a date announcement immediately after Steam Launch either. As I discussed yesterday, there are many variables affecting Primal Dawn's release date, and we'll announce it when we're confident in it.
    soo this fridays release date is not official then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by happy_meal View Post
    soo this fridays release date is not official then? :P
    Hahahahahaha, I was coming in here to be a snarky ass and quote this as well. Suck it Shaq!!!

But seriously ily William <3
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma