Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX Update - More of that Polish

If money is a problem, and 99% it is, why don't you sell sleeve's and dust for real money only? we can perfectly play and win without them.

I'm less than nobody on this forum, but man I'm getting tired of waiting. My play time is down significantly, I haven't played a draft or bought plat in months.

Why even have an update if there's no information? This is starting to feel like Solforge did circa 2013. Anyone that's followed that game knows where they're at right now: also "Waiting, don't worry!" forever. Really disappointing.
    Last edited by Lion_Slicer; 04-09-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I need some optimists posting in here Dino, Alu and Colin where are you?
    I'm as disappointed as anyone that we don't have Set 4 or a Release date yet. I have faith that this is the last time we won't have a pretty firm release schedule though. The Steam timing and approval was a wildcard that wasn't completely in HEX's control. And the bug fixes and polish are critically important the bigger our population grows.

Every time you see a patch that fixes stuff that's visible to us, you can bet that there's a lot more happening behind the scenes that's not obvious to us, but is equally, if not more, important to the long-term health of the game.

I'm clearly just more patient in my old age...
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Colin i think you are more calm about hex because you see more of the behind the scenes stuff than most of us. I mean i am a realist with my thought process and i can come off pessimistic but until Colin completely loses his patience i still have a little faith in hex

Terrible.

Pitiful execution on your part.

edit - It's sad that you cater to players who havn't even joined the game before you take the time to take care of the ones who are currently playing
    Last edited by Renquist; 04-09-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: I had more to say.

I think it is great we got a patch, got kickstarter rewards and the game is coming to steam. The company is obviously hard at work.

However, the company really needs to work on communication. What is the status of set 4? Are bugs causing delays or does the company want to make sure the steam release is flawless before set 4? Whatever the answer would be, the vast majority of people maybe sad, but at least there is a discussion about it. Saying nothing is not the right answer.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I'm as disappointed as anyone that we don't have Set 4 or a Release date yet. I have faith that this is the last time we won't have a pretty firm release schedule though. The Steam timing and approval was a wildcard that wasn't completely in HEX's control. And the bug fixes and polish are critically important the bigger our population grows.

Every time you see a patch that fixes stuff that's visible to us, you can bet that there's a lot more happening behind the scenes that's not obvious to us, but is equally, if not more, important to the long-term health of the game.

I'm clearly just more patient in my old age...
    See, this is good info. I feel the playerbase would be happier with the wait if something like this had been said in the update.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel being honest about an unplayed delay (I.e. sounds like steam proceeding/coinciding with set 4 wasn't a factor last month) would keep everyone happy and understanding of the situation. I know you guys have been burned by previous release snags, but every time Cory or Chris have stepped in and said "look everyone, we've had an issue with x that has pushed things back just slightly, here's what's happening..." people have had their disappointments dampened and understanding levels hit the roof.
    Chris' memory leak post before set 3 was amazing. We got to hear the intricacies of why making a sausage was proving tricky. Everyone applauded it and if anything made the set 3 hype higher.

If only this update didn't break the actual game (((. Can't play any games anymore, it just won't start a game.
    Last edited by benczi; 04-10-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benczi View Post
    If only this update didn't break the actual game (((. Can't play any games anymore, it just won't start a game.

Delete your api folder

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    I think it is great we got a patch, got kickstarter rewards and the game is coming to steam. The company is obviously hard at work.

However, the company really needs to work on communication. What is the status of set 4? Are bugs causing delays or does the company want to make sure the steam release is flawless before set 4? Whatever the answer would be, the vast majority of people maybe sad, but at least there is a discussion about it. Saying nothing is not the right answer.
    I can understand this perspective, but it's a complicated problem. Let's start with the assumption that the community, as a collection of individuals, will theoretically want infinite information. What satisfies one player's desire for information may not satisfy another, whether that's on depth on a specific topic or on the topic itself. So, it's an impossible goal but in general we try to share as much as possible.

There's a general issue with providing information, though. Information creates expectations, which makes sense. If we say something, you should be able to take it at face value. In this case, we don't have accurate information to share. Giving you a date is, in a vacuum, easy, and certainly makes everyone happy-- you now have a specific target, and I don't have to address questions about the launch date anymore. If we had a date to share, certainly we would share it.

But, we don't have a specific launch date to share. And as we give pieces of information as to why we don't have a date to announce, players would draw certain conclusions as to what the new information means when there's no hard, defined information available. We have players who try to noodle out the range of "soon" as an example. And if we hypothetically said "bugs," players would then want to know which exact bugs, which could (again, speaking in hypoptheticals) be pages upon pages of reports and information that changes at on hour-to-hour basis. And then what the expected timeframe was to solve said bugs. And then they'd debate which bugs weren't an issue and which ones were. And what if we have a range, but it's not a solid range and has to take in a bunch of other variables that we have a range on, but are not solid? We're at the same exact end-- no defined answer, and here we have a lot of information without full context that creates confusion at best.

It's natural to want to put together a bunch of disparate pieces of information to come to an answer-- there's a question, and we as humans will try to use and mold information in order to create an answer. It's a puzzle, in that similar to a trading card game itself. But there in lies the problem. There is no answer. Any attempt to read between the lines will likely lead someone to incorrect conclusions and ultimately unrealized expectations.

It's not an ideal answer, but the answer is that we're closer every week and once we're able to give a specific date, we will. And you will know that specific date is as reliable as it can be and that we are confident in it. The old world we lived in was giving dates to satisfy players' wants, then unfortunately having those dates move on us because we gave them too early with too many unknowns still unresolved. That led to players making decisions and plans based on the info we gave, then having to re-arrange their lives when our dates moved. That's simply not respectful of the players' time. We want to not just give information, but to give better information. And that's why we do what we do now.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.