UI Improvements (Bring Back Buttons For Everything at Top of Screen!)

Am I the only one that wants the old UI back so that all of our options are at the top, no matter what screen we're on?

One of the worst things a UI can do is make it so the end user has to navigate through multiple screens to get where they want to go. If I want to go to the deck builder while in the Auction House, I have to back out to the home screen. If I want to go to the Tournaments while in the Deck Builder, I have to back out to the home screen.

Why do I have so much empty real estate on my screen and yet the currency stacks on top of my buttons?!?! I miss the old UI layout so much. I loved to be able to click a button, no matter what screen I was on, and be taken to the Deck Builder, Proving Grounds (Practice/Play Random Opponent), or whatever screen I wanted.

Matt

The Transcended
    +1

The landing page is pretty, but after you leave the landing page, navigation is a chore. I wish there was a "game tree" drop down menu available at all times in all places, wherein I could select any UI screen in the whole game to jump to directly.

+1

Also that shiny "Marketplace" button... we (players) tell everyone this game is not P2W, and then newcomers see advertising on a landing page and a shiny button, that screams "buy! buy something now! buy!"...not good.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlock View Post
    Also that shiny "Marketplace" button... we (players) tell everyone this game is not P2W, and then newcomers see advertising on a landing page and a shiny button, that screams "buy! buy something now! buy!"...not good.
    I don't see the problem. Isn't this what nearly every F2P game in existence does, even the "not crappy" ones? The only thing I might change is to likewise advertise the AH since that's also an important market to know about.

Now, perhaps they should have the UI be more nuanced in that it doesn't highlight particular features on a brand new account. I've seen games where different UI elements get highlighted sequentially to help guide where they think you ought to go as a new player. That's the one change I might make.

This whole post, including the quoted text, is really off topic to the thread though.

I'll also admit to not being a fan of the new interface layout. I'm not sure why the interface options need to be compartmentalized on the home page in the center of the screen. It feels a bit clunky. So...
    +1