Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which should/will come first? Set 4 or Steam release?

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Steam should release first.

The bugs won't drive people from the game, it will make them aware of the games excellent support system, hopefully for reimbursements.

Having the steam community also able to participate in a new set release is going to be great for the old community of players, and new steam players alike due to hugely decreased queue times, and celebration cards that can be obtained for all, greatly stretching new "investors" dollars.
    I agree that Steam release should come first, so new players may participate in a fun event early after Steam release.

But I don't think you are right regarding bugs.

A bug on your first tournament is pretty bad experience, and while HEX is good with reimbursements, they are not as good at actually solving the bugs. Nowadays for every bug they solve with a patch two more seems to appear, and this is before they are adding even more content. Facing bugs fairly regulary with a TCG already releasing it's fourth set wont give too much confidence to new players.
    Last edited by Cainhu; 04-12-2016 at 03:53 AM. Reason: som additions to the final paragraph

Since you're preaching to the choir, the answer will most likely be set 4. We've only had weeks of Steam hype buildup. Set 4 has had months to build up anticipation.

I also think it's good to get set 4 and its bugs (you know there will be bugs) sorted out before the Steam rollout.

Games release after years all the time on steam. I don't think having a new set release right after steam is a bad idea. But, any bugs etc and new players will not know to file a support ticket. This will be a killer.

To be perfectly honest I am not sure we are going to see a giant influx of players. As for the set rotation, I think they should rotate before the next qualifier rounds etc whenever that is. I Assume later in the year October-Jan again. This game is beyond stale in just about every portion of it with the same sets for nearly 9 months, hell release set 4 and drop standard to include the latest two sets until we establish some sort of actual more than 1 set a year thing going on. This will help more people get into the competitive side without having to drop a ton of cash on packs or cards from earlier sets.

Steam first set 4 after that. Its being said already. Dunno why this post again.
    IGN: Calixe
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I will kill you all." - James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    Steam first set 4 after that. Its being said already. Dunno why this post again.
    Source?

I was confused why they would release Steam before getting to cash in on Set 4 with existing playerbase but it makes sense now: you let the Steam people come in and let them spend money on Set 3 (have a little event where you give a certain rare AA as tournament prize to bring back the old veterans as well so queues fire fast). Then after a few weeks you launch Set 4 and cash in again. Pretty smart if you ask me but if true, sadly it means Set 4 is still quite a bit away..

At this point we could write a novel about set 4 release & all the theories on why it's not out yet

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    I was confused why they would release Steam before getting to cash in on Set 4 with existing playerbase but it makes sense now: you let the Steam people come in and let them spend money on Set 3 (have a little event where you give a certain rare AA as tournament prize to bring back the old veterans as well so queues fire fast). Then after a few weeks you launch Set 4 and cash in again. Pretty smart if you ask me but if true, sadly it means Set 4 is still quite a bit away..
    I think it is a lot less of a financial tactic than how the cards just stacked up.
    Chark probably spearheaded the Steam initiative a while ago, and the timing of the greenlight has little to do with their inability to get the engineering end figured out in a stable state for set4 launch.

I'll just echo what I said earlier, it's better for everyone if the steam launch happens just prior to set4, regardless of the company tactic behind it.

Maybe folks are right about bugs, but I assume that is what is being ironed out now. Regardless it's a good sink or swim situation for the caliber of support GameForge offers.

Master of Gifs
    They should launch them both at the same time

Zophie with another walkoff homer
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma