Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which should/will come first? Set 4 or Steam release?

Hybrid View

Which should/will come first? Set 4 or Steam release?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this. I really hope that set 4 comes first. I believe that that Steam was advertised as 12th April but now it just says April?

Reason I think it should be this way round is I think it could be disastrous otherwise for many reasons a few being:

1. Inevitable server melt from set 4 release play and new players. I know they say that they are prepared for it but some the best games in the world have issues on major content releases. I feel that Steam several days or a maybe a week after would be much smoother.

2. It would be terrible for new players to join and see slow tournament firing times or as is often the case lots of byes as people are rare drafting at the moment. They may not even know what Bye means and cry bug and sitting around for around an hour or even more as you can get a double bye is not a fun experience. Yes they will get freebies but I am sure that is not what they will take away from the experience even if they wait around for their match to start as they may have no understanding as to why their match did not fire, although one would hope they query in chat.

3. Will allow the opportunity to patch any game breaking bugs from the set 4 release.

I'm sure there are many other reasons that people can think of. Those three are major ones that I think warrant concern for the releases happening in such an order.

Personally I could see a set 4 release this Tuesday or the following with perhaps a weekend Steam release . I do believe that Set 4 is genuinely very close.

Set 4 should be first for the reason you said, releasing a set with bugs after the steam launch would be very bad for the game.

Who knows what order they are doing it in though as all we seem too hear is "soon".

Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
    Set 4 should be first for the reason you said, releasing a set with bugs after the steam launch would be very bad for the game.

Who knows what order they are doing it in though as all we seem too hear is "soon".
    THIS, first impressions matter and I don't believe in a bug free release, give bugged content to Steam new players is definitely not a good idea.

Rock League Champion
    S4 ofc
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

So did the release date on Steam change? I am hoping that is due to wanting to get set 4 out first. I don't think releasing both at exactly the same time is a good idea either although they could opt to do that.

It's pretty clear that steam release will come first. Otherwise, they would patch the ui and QoL with the patch set 4.
    So this week: steam and week after set 4.
    We have to wait but i think it's the more logical course of actions

The wait doesn't bother me. Releasing in that order is a MAJOR concern though in my opinion.

Steam should come first so they can prepare the servers for high load.

Non game breaking bugs have little effect on if a person stays or leaves or writes a bad review as long as it is fixed in a day or two. People are generally conscious of the fact that new things have bugs.

HXE does fix the truly bad bugs quickly and support is great until then. Personally would rather have set 4 first.

Edited: out an untrue statement.
    Last edited by incitfulmonk21; 04-09-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by incitfulmonk21 View Post
    They have already stated steam will come first see the Friday update thread in news and announcements.

Steam should come first so they can prepare the servers for high load.

Non game breaking bugs have little effect on if a person stays or leaves or writes a bad review as long as it is fixed in a day or two. People are generally conscious of the fact that new things have bugs.

HXE does fix the truly bad bugs quickly and support is great until then. Personally would rather have set 4 first.
    I went and retread the post to be sure. They don't say which is coming first, just that both are soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    I went and retread the post to be sure. They don't say which is coming first, just that both are soon.
    So you are correct it just said they had a polish and steam coming up and I read a bit to much into it. Sorry for the confusion.