Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a fun Wrath of Zakir deck they would like to share?

Here is the deck I was running last night. I would have gotten two perfects except for one misplay against Warbot, and one instance of insane shard flood (like 8 in row, including a Crowd Roars that hit three shards).

Benvolio

Ruby Shard x23

Ashwood Soloist x4
    Psychotic Anarchist x4 (Boots)
    Flamethought Seeker x4 (Head)

Burn x4 (Gloves)
    Ragefire x4
    Heat Wave x4 (Chest)
    Crimson Clarity x4
    Ruby Lance x2
    The Crowd Roars x4 (Weapon)
    Crown of the Primals x1
    Wrath of Zakiir x2 (Trinket)

Even with only two Wrath's I transformed in about 90% of my games due to the card draw, so more aren't needed. The Flamethought Seekers can win the game by themselves though, in conjunction with all of the burn damage. Having both Flamethought Seekers and The Crowd Roars just doubles up on your chances of landing the free plays. The Crown of the Primals is in more for fun than anything (I like the card), but it can be clutch in certain situations (even used it a few times on an Ashwood Soloist). I tried Heart of Fire, but I only had one in and it wasn't consistent enough. I think there's a build that can use it, but not this one.

I didn't have any trouble with any of the AI Champions with this deck. All of the removal keeps the board clear mostly, and Wrath is a game finisher regardless of who you're against (it's pretty much THE way this deck beats Warbot). Xarlox can be a bit hairy since you're drawing cards, but if you can transform via Wrath, it's game over for him (I beat him both times, although it was dicey both games).

Overall, Wrath is bonkers nuts, and the Crowd Roars is also amazingly powerful (especially in conjunction with Flamethought Seekers)

Since you're already mono-Ruby, I'd suggest trying out Starsphere because it works so well with The Crowd Roars. Use Starsphere before you cast it, you'll either decline a card you don't want to cast for free, or dig up something you really want guaranteeing a good hit. I dunno if you'll want to run 4 copies due to the triple shard costs, but it might be worth trying a couple out.

Good point! Should work well with Flamethought Seeker too. Can't believe I didn't think of that myself. I'll give it a try at x2 and see how it runs.

As a side note, this deck will gladly welcome the new 2 cost Elf from Primal Dawn with Rage that gains resources for every damage dealt. Should be amazing in decks like this.
    Last edited by Koz; 04-12-2016 at 07:29 AM.

You have a deck with lots of spells and in dire need of draws, and no Kindling Skarn with gloves?

I'm not sure if you're referring to my deck, or the OP, or another deck, but there's nothing wrong with Skarns to be sure. My deck has plenty of draw though, so I really don't have a need for them. Honestly, the only issue I had in any of my games was a bit of shard flood, and it only cost me one game. Otherwise all of the removal effects buy you all the time you need to get your bombs off.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Honestly, the only issue I had in any of my games was a bit of shard flood, and it only cost me one game.
    That's actually exactly the situation skarns help the most - mitigating shard flood. It's why they are a key part in the best arena farm deck ( kindling gears ). Personal taste thing, they make most ruby decks more consistent, rather than directly stronger.

I was bored so I decided to have some fun with crowd roars, took the list Koz made from above and made some changes:

Benvolio

Ruby Shard x21
    Vortex x2

Ashwood Soloist x4
    Psychotic Anarchist x4 (Boots)
    Kindling Skarn x4 (Head)

Burn x4 (Gloves)
    Ragefire x4
    Crimson Clarity x3
    The Crowd Roars x4 (Weapon)
    Wrath of Zakiir x2 (Trinket)
    Sunsoul Phoenix x4
    Crackling Bolt x4

I haven't tried it in arena yet, but currently having a blast with it as an Elf Warrior in campaign.

Edit: Here's the deck list...

Champion: Elf Warrior

Wild Shard x10
    Ruby Shard x10
    Shard of Savagery x4

Fuel for the Fire x2
    Nerissa x2 (Chest)
    Crimson Clarity x3
    Chlorophilia x 2 (Head)
    Crackling Bolt x3
    Psychotic Anarchist x3
    Crackling Sprout x3
    Genesis Pool Naiad x3 (Trinket)
    Shiitake Chef x2 (Feet)
    Wild Root Dancer x3
    The Crowd Roars x3 (Weapon)
    Wrathwood Master Moss x1
    Crocosaur x3
    Zakiir x1
    The Wrath of Zakiir x2

Talents:
    Warlord: Agility (1)
    Warlord: Parrying (1)
    Warlord: Concussive Strikes (1)
    Warlord: Strength (2)
    Training: Combat (1)
    Reinforcements (2)
    Last edited by Venris; 04-14-2016 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Added Deck List

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Xarlox can be a bit hairy since you're drawing cards, but if you can transform via Wrath, it's game over for him (I beat him both times, although it was dicey both games).
    I just cratered to tier2 xarlox ;p

I think I won the 'coz f' you, that's why' award by playing The Crowd Roars for three free terrorantula eggs the first game ;p

The next game I lost to finding out I had accidentally picked the soloist chest armor over the heat wave one ( don't do this ;p )

Third game I transformed and wiped all his terrorantulas then immediately got milled.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    I just cratered to tier2 xarlox ;p

I think I won the 'coz f' you, that's why' award by playing The Crowd Roars for three free terrorantula eggs the first game ;p

The next game I lost to finding out I had accidentally picked the soloist chest armor over the heat wave one ( don't do this ;p )

Third game I transformed and wiped all his terrorantulas then immediately got milled.
    Lol at the triple Terrorantulas...yeah, that deserves some kind of reward I had him hit triple Terrorantulas against me off of a single Word of Xentoth in my first game against him but my next turn was double Heat Wave, so bye bye Terrorantualas! Definitely need that chest piece

Xarlox is definitely dicey and I was praying to the RNG gods when casting Roar or attacking with a Seeker. My second game I actually had a Wrath in my opening hand and I just thought to myself, "okay, all I have to do is NOT lose until I get this into play". Luckily it worked out for me lol

Rough break for you though!