Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a fun Wrath of Zakir deck they would like to share?

Anyone got a fun Wrath of Zakir deck they would like to share?

Gotta love the dragons !

I love crazy cards like this. I took a long break so a lot of the new cards are unknown to me so wondered if anyone has made a fun deck with this card !

Here's my first attempt to use Wrath of Zakiir in a deck, it's not the most efficient Arena deck, but was decent enough to clear it.

10 Ruby Shard
    10 Sapphire Shard
    4 Shard of Innovation
    4 Arcane Focus
    4 Adaptron (Adaptive Helm and Cog of the Machine head/ chest equipment)
    4 Heat Wave
    4 Crackling Bolt
    4 Oracle Song
    4 Scraptech Brawler
    3 Hex Engine
    2 Zakiir (Tome of the Warden trinket)
    2 Zeedu
    2 Saarthu (Gem Scaled Gloves and Snug Scale Slippers hand and foot equipment)
    1 Syyn, Etherdrake Nomad
    2 Wrath of Zakiir (Will of the Dragon weapon equipment)

If I had another Wrath of Zakiir or Zakiir I would probably go to 3 of each and maybe cut one Hex Engine.

PS Fahrny as champion as I couldn't think of a better choice, although I'm sure Wyatt the Sapper or Benvolio might also work.
    Last edited by Kliphph; 04-10-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks man. I will try this out when I finally get into the game. I'm having the patch launcher joys that are effecting so many !

Devoted Emissary
    I've came up with that one, got 14-1 at my first attempt (the loss was against nelebrin scout playing 2 fists and wrathwood colossus while I was getting flooded). Most of the time the win happens before getting to play wrath of zakiir

13 ruby shard
    9 sapphire shard
    4 scorch
    4 burn (conflaration handguards)
    4 kindling skarns (reptilian faceplate)
    4 arcane focus
    4 peek
    4 crackling bolt
    4 psychotic anarchist (combat trail blazers)
    2 the crowd roars (rending hammer)
    3 archmage wrenlocke's (wrenlocke's chestplate)
    3 zakiir (tome of the warden)
    2 the wrath of zakiir
    Last edited by Catalonia; 04-10-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    king tier backer, catalan and european

Devoted Emissary
    My deck is designed to ramp to Wrath of Zakiir as soon as possible. Every arena match I turned into a dragon. (Risky but fun as I was under 5 health at the end of a few matches)

22 - Ruby shards
    4 - Ashwood Soloist (chest)
    4 - Burn (gloves)
    4 - Psychotic Anarchist (boots)
    4 - Fulmination
    4 - Rage Fire
    4 - Crackling Bolt
    4 - Crimson Clarity (head)
    4 - Ashwood Maestro
    2 - Zakiir
    4 - The Wrath of Zakiir (both equipment)

Ramp Ramp Ramp! Draw cards and ignore AI board of you can't use spot removal on it. When you hit a Wrath off the elf/clarity ramp you will likely wipe the board.

Champion: Benvolio
    King + Raid Leader.
    I still play Decipher's LotR daily @ http://gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    My deck is designed to ramp to Wrath of Zakiir as soon as possible. Every arena match I turned into a dragon. (Risky but fun as I was under 5 health at the end of a few matches)

22 - Ruby shards
    4 - Burn (gloves)
    4 - Fulmination
    4 - Rage Fire
    4 - Crackling Bolt
    4 - Ashwood Maestro
    2 - Zakiir

Ramp Ramp Ramp! Draw cards and ignore AI board of you can't use spot removal on it. When you hit a Wrath off the elf/clarity ramp you will likely wipe the board.

I have a similar deck, but throw in "The Crowd Roars!" with it's equipment that makes drawn cards free. I've been able to pull off turn 2 Wrath of Zakiirs by using an Ashwood Soloist and The Crowd Roars!.

Yeah, any ruby deck these days without The Crowd Roars is probably doing it wrong.

It's a shame that it doesn't set your HP to 30 when you play it, instead you stay at whatever HP you're at. Unless this is a bug. Is it a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post

22 - Ruby shards
    4 - Burn (gloves)
    4 - Fulmination
    4 - Rage Fire
    4 - Crackling Bolt
    4 - Ashwood Maestro
    2 - Zakiir

I was thinking of something similar, but I was thinking I might actually try Heart of Fire. Not sure it will work, but if I was going to try Heart of Fire, this seems like the deck to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by facade View Post
    I have a similar deck, but throw in "The Crowd Roars!" with it's equipment that makes drawn cards free. I've been able to pull off turn 2 Wrath of Zakiirs by using an Ashwood Soloist and The Crowd Roars!.
    Nice. So what would you switch the crowd roars for?