Thread: Opening the store makes hex.exe crash

Opening the store makes hex.exe crash

Your Display Name: SeriousBsnsGames
    Bug Description: Opening the store either from the small icon or from the home page causes a "Hex.exe has stopped working" message to appear with the game crashing and needing to be restarted
    Steps to Reproduce: Click on the small "store" icon from any page or click on the store graphic on the main page
    Frequency: 10/10 times
    Additional Information: I have experienced no other crashes in other areas of the game and no lag during any PvP or PvE matches. The only time my game crashes is after I try to access the store page. The page begins to load, with the "store entry" sfx and platinum sfx beginning. Then Hex.exe immediately stops working and I am forced to quit and restart the game. The first time I attempted to go into the store after the patch, the tool tip pointing out the platinum purchase button loaded with the game immediately crashing after.

I am able to access the pack opening/wheels of fate by double clicking on a pack in my inventory, but on exiting the wheels of fate, the store page loads and immediately crashes the game.

I have performed repair installs and have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no change in the frequency of this bug.

System specs:

Windows 8.1
    Intel Core i7-3630QM - CPU 2.40GHz
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (laptop dual graphics card so I use the Asus' NVIDIA driver 9.18.13.2683 instead of the most up to date version)

Screen pic of crash and Output log included (assuming I have the right output log since this one is over 400 pages)

EDIT: Given the similarity below, I have set Hex to use the NVIDIA graphics card in the graphics card manager setting. So theoretically, Hex is not using the Intel HD Graphics 4000 card on my system.
    Last edited by MrSeriousBsns; 04-09-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want more Hex content? Check out card breakdowns, PvE guides, and other Hex videos at:
    The SeriousBsnsGames channel

I have a similar problem. Every time I click on either store icons, my client stops working and gets stuck loading (not on a loading screen, just spinning mac loading circle), until I force quit the application.

IGN: Etria

System Specs:

OS X 10.9.5
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

If you're running hex.tcgbrowser disable it or set so it's not on All.

Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERoostasaur View Post
    If you're running hex.tcgbrowser disable it or set so it's not on All.
    Not sure about Slimberly, but I'm not running hex.tcgbrowser on my system.

Today I had a slight alteration to this bug - the store page loaded with pack and deck graphics appearing and remained running for around 3 seconds before crashing. I was idle and did not click on anything.
    Last edited by MrSeriousBsns; 04-09-2016 at 11:23 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want more Hex content? Check out card breakdowns, PvE guides, and other Hex videos at:

This bug still occurs for me on the new patch. I can, however, now remain on the store page for up to 5 seconds now (all animations and sfx loading) but after this period (at most... sometimes still while the page is loading) the game always crashes.
    Last edited by MrSeriousBsns; 04-18-2016 at 02:28 AM.