Thread: Lady Cassandra w/ trinket for Slaughtergears

Lady Cassandra w/ trinket for Slaughtergears

I thought about this some... is it worth giving up the SAT for Lady Cassandra? That 1 to all three thresholds would reduce the resource cost on all three models of slaughtergears by two and would be insanely beneficial to playing them sooner. It does require that you give up the +3/+3 per slaughtergear on your replicators though.

Any thoughts?

since the neede trinket slot is used for the +3/+3 aka making the replicator playable i doubt it
    but you can play it in a diamond focused Slaughtergear deck!
    Wishlist
    Timezone: GMT+1

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I gave her a bash with a mostly mono-diamond reavers deck, and it worked reasonably well. Reaver is a bit disappointing without speed though.

For interest sake I went with
    16 diamond
    3 diamond/sapphire
    3 diamond/ruby
    2 sapphire/ruby
    4 queensguard ( hat )
    4 exiled bard
    4 queen grace
    3 princess cory ( boots, gloves )
    3 lady cassadra ( trinket, chest )
    4 slaughtergear's reaver ( weapon )
    3 princess victoria
    4 angel of dawn
    3 war prodigy
    3 martyr
    1 king gabriel

I found the interactions with bard, queen, corey and cassandra to be pretty awesome. War prodigy was a bit of an underperformer, I put him in as thematic with both vanguards the first couple of runs, but they are all pretty lackluster. I think I'll drop him and go straight diamond now that I swapped boots from queen to cory ( he's just no good without them ). Maybe slaughtergear's guardians or shinboi instead.

My deck with Slaughters looked like this:

Champion: Sir Giles Rowan

Resource base:
    9x Diamond Shard
    5x Sapphire Shard
    4x Shard of Conquest
    4x Shard of Purpose

Troop base:
    4x Slaughtergear's Guardians (Gloves)
    4x Lady Cassandra (Trinket) (Sky/Solidarity)
    4x Slaughtergear's Reaver (Weapon)
    2x Princess Victoria
    4x Ardent Recruiter (Chest)
    4x Cerulean Mirror Knight
    4x Her Majesty, Queen Grace (Boots)
    4x Queensguard (Head)
    4x Royal Herald
    4x Town Crier

This setup easily perfects arena. Slaughtergears can be swapped with Cutbloods/Prodigies; the deck becomes a bit less resilient to encounter like War Bot and a bit more synergetic. Eight Queensguards with Ardent Recruiters go off like crazy.

You can also drop CMKs and Slaughters for two more resources, 2x King Gabriel, 4x Azurefate Sorceress (mill/swiftstrike) and 4x Hero of Adamanth. This way you get an additional wincon.

I'm playing something similar Verdant, it's really good. It works well with another tech path sans slaughters, but is still extremely effective, slaughters might be better though for certain encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I'm playing something similar Verdant, it's really good. It works well with another tech path sans slaughters, but is still extremely effective, slaughters might be better though for certain encounters.
    Yeah, Slaughters aren't really necessary. The deck can go full flavor as long as the core remains the same. Cassandra is just such a strong card here.

Well, after testing a lot on Sunday, I am not sure which is better...

Lady Cass or The Crowd Roars... Both are stellar for PvE Arena.

Lady Cass with Trinket is finally a card that truly opens up tri-color humans, and I'm really looking forward to the Humans set4 resource.

The Crowd Roars allows for some really janky turns, on a similar level to Xocoy pre-nerf, but with slightly more RNG involved. Including built in-repeatative anti-blocking tech.

I have a feeling both cards will be chase for a long while.