Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam: Most up-voted comment and DLC.

@hitch

I like a lot of what you did there. I ll incorporate some of that tonight or tomorrow. Thx for sharing.

4.)Since this is a AAA quality game made by an indie studio and not a cheap Asian scam, you sometimes have to wait a little for new content. 3 years of beta make for a very polished game.

5.)In this TCG you can buy some power, but you can't buy wins. No amount of money or skill will get you over 80% win-rate. Between money, luck and skill, skill is the most impact-full factor for success."

Point 4 has no need to be racially biased like that it could just as well say that it isn't a quick money grab or not your usual f2p or anything in that ballpark.

point 5 sounds like a smooth talker describing a money grab game to me i would much rather have you point out that there are a lot of cards of different raritys but that there are competitive decks in all price ranges that had great success when piloted by skilled players

In the fiveshard weekly i won there was a guy with a deck with basically no expensive cards that placed 4th he most likely won more in prizes by placing 4th than his entire deck cost could be a cool example. Could also be interesting to point out the time it would take to grind up to the cost of that deck.

I'm not saying to focus too hard on that specifically but it is the best example i have of a really really cheap deck doing very well and surpasing its own cost in value.
    Last edited by wolzarg; 04-10-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

I would like you to emphasize that this game is not one of these easy-to-learn games but that is offers true complexity that can take you years to master. Its learning curve is similar to complex games like EVE online.

jj16ThL.jpg

The game where you suck then get awesome only to realize you still actually suck it just seemed otherwise temporarily.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

10/10 Would mulligan and blame shuffler again

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Oh and you could use some of the metacritic user reviews (including the bad ones) as a reference what points absolutely should be addressed in your review as to avoid misunderstandings: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/hex-shards-of-fate

Quote Originally Posted by Largashbur View Post
    I would like you to emphasize that this game is not one of these easy-to-learn games but that is offers true complexity that can take you years to master. Its learning curve is similar to complex games like EVE online.

jj16ThL.jpg
    Heh hadn't seen that before, good job interwebs!

got a line that i think would be quite important to include in a shortened form:

Before you spend any cash on HEX i strongly suggest you check out the new player guides from our community to get the most bang for your buck.
    this might sound very hurtful to CZE but if you advertise a game as F2P you have to cater to this audience.
    Wishlist
    Timezone: GMT+1

Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    got a line that i think would be quite important to include in a shortened form:

this might sound very hurtful to CZE but if you advertise a game as F2P you have to cater to this audience.
    I highly recommend something like this.

Explain the game is not simple and that the guides are there for a reason.

Gigantisaur
    This is a great idea.
    I'm just going to throw in some of my own edit suggestions here (additions/changes in bold). Take them or leave them.

I am a streamer and have played HEX for 3 years since alpha; Magic and other TCGs for over 10 years.

1.)What is F2P in this game?
    - Many hours of PvE (RPG meets TCG; earn cards as you play, unlock skills as you progress in experience)
    - Learn to play TCGs without investing money or embarrassing yourself
    - Farm your way into PvP at a reasonable rate

You can try everything in this game for free before deciding to spend money. The first tournament had a US$100 000 prize pool and you could compete for free, but having a bigger collection will give you a long-term advantage and can cost you hundreds of $. But if you ever become good enough the game pays for itself or better.

2.)HEX and Magic the Gathering have many similarities and differences. Which you prefer depends on your priorities. HEX has a great online experience, PvE and is a lot easier to get into. Plus, HEX has fully functioning tournament modes (constructed and sealed/limited, where in the latter everyone opens packs on the fly to make their deck, meaning there's zero pay-to-win and all about skill).

3.)HEX has one of the best communities you will ever find. It's hard to find toxic behaviour and easy to get help. The official forums and streamers are informative and actively organizing events with great prizes.

4.)Since this is a AAA quality game made by an indie studio [deleted stuff about Asian scam, dislike this wording], you sometimes have to wait a little for new content. 3 years of beta make for a very polished game.

5.)In this TCG you can buy some power, but you can't buy wins. No amount of money or skill will get you over 80% win-rate. Between money, luck and skill, skill is the most impact-full factor for success.