Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam: Most up-voted comment and DLC.

The Transcended
    Thank you all for working this. I have never had Steam and probably won't start just for Hex, so I won't be much help on that front, but it's great to know that our great community continues to deliver extra value for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejis View Post
    No amount of money or skill will get you over 80% win-rate.
    I don't like this sentence, when I read it my initial thought is "oh, so it's possible to buy yourself a 79% win rate with no skill?"
    Why add a percentage when it's made up?

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    I don't like this sentence, when I read it my initial thought is "oh, so it's possible to buy yourself a 79% win rate with no skill?"
    Why add a percentage when it's made up?
    I thought the same when reading this sentence.

Creator of shareyourdraft.com / Forum thread IGN: dBug Twitch: dBug404

Some very helpful feedback. I ll just cave on my tongue in cheek Asian comment. Maybe its too biased on my own experience with all those scummy games. The CCG genre is one of the most infested genres when it comes to those money grabbing games, so it felt like an appropriate example. But I m violating my own rule of avoiding examples with that anyways, so I ll cut it.
    (Oh and this has nothing to do with racial bias. That is the same as saying that rice is consumed mostly in Asia would be racist. Its not. There is a small group of chinese and korean enterprises that are responsible for the vast majority of these mobile scams. Has nothing to do with bias or hate speech.)

The 80% is not grabbed out of thin air, but a safe guard number that has never been broken long term in Magic on the Pro tour circuit and that I'm confident will not be broken in HEX. But I can see the skeptical "Oh so I can buy 80% winrate" reverse interpretation and I don't like that. So I ll try to find something better.

I like mentioning the very high skill cap. Its one point I always argued for and probably one of those "I think I m forgetting something important here" things I mentioned in my earlier posts. Lets see how we can squeeze it in there without wasting too much space.

@Kroan 10/10 would mulligan and blame shuffler again. (if it was just me, that'd be my bottom line... and If I dont put it in because of space/integrity , you should <3)

Also Glad about the metacritic link. I wrote a comment there myself and its a good source for positive and negative inspiration. Just rereading those comments right now.

The new player guide is another example, but just as with the 100K it might be symbolic and clean enough to warrant mentioning it. I ll try.

next version:
    "I am a streamer who has played TCGs for over 10 years including MtG, Hearthstone and HEX since alpha. Here's what you need to know about this game.

1.)What is Free to Play in this game?
    This game has free PvE (RPG meets TCG) content that allows you to have fun, learn the game and farm cards and ingame currency at a decent rate. Thus allowing you to try everything in the game for free before deciding to spend money. You can also play the auction house and tournaments will start paying for themselves once you are good enough.

2.)So how much do I end up paying in the end?
    This depends a lot on what you want to focus on. You can enjoy the majority of the games content by grinding and trading your way to what you need. But if you want to compete at the highest level of tournaments, like the US$ 100 000 invitational, a big collection will be a long-term advantage that can cost you hundreds of dollars.

3.)Is this like Magic: The Gathering?
    HEX and MtG have many similarities and differences. Which you prefer depends on your priorities. HEX has a great online experience, uses its digital nature for a lot of innovation, has growing RPG PvE and is easier/cheaper to get into.

4.)Does this have a good community?
    Yes. It's easily among the most helpful and generous I've encountered, and the streamers are fantastic. The official forums and fan-sites are informative and active with guides and great tournaments.

5.)Can I trust the publisher?
    The developers are designing their own dream game. That is why this is a AAA quality game, despite coming from a still growing indie studio. This sustainable perfectionism can lead to longer wait times that are worth it in the end.

6.)Should I play this game?
    This is not an instant gratification game that presses your reward center a couple of times and than leaves you hollow. TCGs are one of the most rewarding genres you can get into, allowing you to grow your skill and collection over decades with very flexible time commitment. If you are new to the genre, this is the best game to try for yourself and if you are a TCG veteran you will find almost everything you ever wanted or find out that its coming soon.

7.)In this TCG you can buy some power, but you can't buy wins. No amount of money or skill will get you over 80% win-rate. Between money, luck and skill, skill is the most impact-full factor for success."

Super unhappy with the length obviously right now, just trying to get all the content
    in so I can start cutting away and rephrasing.

This version still misses a good "this takes forever to master" I ll add that while trimming down on length further down.
    Last edited by NaryaDL0re; 04-11-2016 at 02:31 AM.

If it's OK with you, once the comment is polished and in addition to up-vote it from my Steam account, I'll translate it into French to give this big players community another good reason to join
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

The silent death always comes from behind... so you'd better watch your back!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRealm View Post
    If it's OK with you, once the comment is polished and in addition to up-vote it from my Steam account, I'll translate it into French to give this big players community another good reason to join
    I don't think it is wise to translate a user's comment

Absolutely =), but I would suggest paraphrasing it just enough. I don't know if steam approves such copies. I personally don't mind, but since its nothing official it might violate their terms.

There is a lot of good things about doing this. However I did come across a review though that slated this type of behaviour rigging reviews and copying etc so that is something to be wary of. I am sure people can come up with their own spin on promoting the game .

Aye, there is definitely a line here. Which is why I make sure that nothing I write goes against my opinion. The final comment will just be a very refined version of what I believe to be true about the game, with the community providing the inspiration and corrections for all types of content and presentation.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, realized this too late. Feel free to merge this post with the one above if a Mod reads this.

So I think its time to start cutting down on my rewrite above. I ll do it here so people can read the "original" long version above. I m pretty happy with the content, it just needs to be a lot slimmer if possible.

I am a streamer who has played TCGs for over 10 years including MtG, Hearthstone and HEX since alpha. Here's what you need to know about this game:

1.)What is Free to Play in this game?
    This game has free PvE (RPG meets TCG) content that allows you to have fun, learn the game and farm cards and ingame currency at a decent rate. You can also play the auction house and tournaments will start paying for themselves once you are good enough.

2.)So how much do I end up paying in the end?
    You can enjoy the majority of the game by grinding and trading your way to what you need. But if you want to compete at the highest level of tournaments, like the 100 000$ invitational, a big collection will be a long-term advantage that can cost you hundreds of dollars.

3.)Is this like Magic: The Gathering?
    HEX and MtG have many similarities and differences. Which you prefer depends on your priorities. HEX has a great online experience, uses its digital nature for a lot of innovation, has growing RPG PvE and is easier/cheaper to get into.

4.)Does this have a good community?
    Yes. It's easily among the most helpful and generous I've encountered, and the streamers are fantastic. The official forums and fan-sites are informative and active with guides and great tournaments.

5.)Can I trust the developer?
    The developers are designing their own dream game. That is why this is a AAA quality game, despite coming from a still growing indie studio. This sustainable perfectionism can lead to longer wait times that are worth it in the end.

6.)Should I play this game?
    This is not an instant gratification game that presses your reward center a couple of times and than leaves you hollow. TCGs are one of the most rewarding genres you can get into, allowing you to grow your skill and collection over decades with very flexible time commitment. If you are new to the genre, this is the best game to try for yourself and if you are a TCG veteran you will find almost everything you ever wanted or find out that its coming soon.
    Cutting point 7 seems what most suggested anyways and the skill can be addresses somewhere else.

editing still in process...

Trying a quick TLDR version so I can compare.

TLDR:
    1.)What is Free to Play in this game? Many hours PvE
    2.)So how much do I end up paying in the end? 0-1000+$
    3.)Is this like Magic: The Gathering? Same concept, different strengths
    4.)Does this have a good community? One of the best around.
    5.)Can I trust the developer? He doesn't need money and builds his dream game... yes!
    6.)Should I play this game? If you are new : yes! If you are a veteran : yes!
    Last edited by NaryaDL0re; 04-11-2016 at 02:17 AM.