Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam: Most up-voted comment and DLC.

I'm still missing a hint on the large complexity and long-term-value of joining this game. Plus I would like to emphasize that trading cards BETWEEN PLAYERS is a large part of the game (most ppl coming from CCGs won't expect that)

I did mention both those points, but I will think about ways to emphasize them.

Thx again hitch for your input, very informative and educational for me.
    But isnt "which your prefer depends on your preference" lame double prefer?

Can someone link me the dino guide? cant find it on steam right now?
    EDIT: Never mind found it.

Thx to Hitch this is the new version (including a link to Dinos guide)

I am a streamer who has played TCGs for over 10 years including MtG, Hearthstone and HEX since alpha. Here's what you need to know about this game: [Along with a TLDR answer for each question]

1.) What is Free to Play in this game? [Many hours of PvE]
    PvE is RPG-meets-TCG content that allows you to have fun, learn the game and farm cards and in-game currency at a decent rate. You can also play the auction house, and tournaments will start paying for themselves once you are good enough. Check this great guide for more in depth information on F2P in HEX: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=663434222

2.) So how much do I end up paying in the end? [From $0 to $1,000 and beyond]
    You can enjoy the majority of the game by grinding and trading for what you need. But if you want to compete at the highest level of tournaments, like the $100k invitational, a large collection will be a long-term advantage. It may cost you a lot, but it will gain value over time.

3.) Is this like Magic: The Gathering? [Similar concept with different strengths]
    Which you prefer depends on your preferences. HEX has a great online experience, uses its digital nature to innovate, has a growing RPG PvE and is easier/cheaper to get into, but it's not as vast as MtG yet.

4.) Does this have a good community? [One of the best around]
    It's easily among the most helpful and generous I've encountered, and the streamers are fantastic. The official forums and fan-sites are informative and active with guides and great tournaments.

5.) Can I trust the developer? [Yes!]
    The company is designing their own dream game. That is why this is a AAA quality game, despite coming from a still growing Indie studio. This sustainable perfectionism can lead to longer wait times, but they are worth it in the end.

6.) Should I play this game? [If you are new, yes! If you are a veteran, yes!]
    This is not an instant gratification game that presses your reward center a couple of times and then leaves you wanting. TCGs are one of the most rewarding genres you can get into, allowing you to grow your skill and collection over decades with very flexible time commitment. You wont regret giving this a try.
    Last edited by NaryaDL0re; 04-11-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Looking pretty good. You'll have my upvote.

Devoted Emissary
    I'll up vote this with my steam account!
    King + Raid Leader.
    I still play Decipher's LotR daily @ http://gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Wow this is really great, up-vote obv. I do like the idea of emphasizing player trading and AH a little more as a major differentiating feature.

Here is my quick take on it:

1.) What is Free to Play in this game? [Many hours of PvE]
    PvE is RPG-meets-TCG content that allows you to have fun, learn the game, farm cards, equipment, items and in-game currency. There are several ways to build your collection: the auction house, simply trade with other players, collect-on-delivery mail, and strong tournament prize support for constant-queue limited and scheduled events. With a fully player-driven economy supported by the auction house, the time/effort:money ratio is up to you!
    Check this great guide for more in depth information on F2P in HEX: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=663434222
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by NaryaDL0re View Post
    Changing it to, "Which you'd like more depends upon your preferences" works as well.

In case you're curious, the reason 'preference' is better than 'priority' is because a preference is something that you like more than an alternative, whereas a priority is something you think is more important. It's pretty close in this case, but I'd say that the items in the list that follows are more preferred than prioritized.

Also, the change from 'big' to 'large' before 'collection' is because you usually use 'big' to describe the size or stature of things while you use 'large' to describe the fact that there are many of them. For example, you'd say, 'those are some big lions', but you wouldn't say, 'there are a big amount of lions over there.' 'There are a large amount of lions over there' is correct.

Anyway, I think the post is ready to go! Good job!

@Hitchslap88
    Interesting, really appreciate the input.
    I always used priorities in a very broad philosophical kind of way, especially in German. So every decision basically hinges on your priorities (in life). But I get what your saying concerning the different points, interesting small alteration.

You did give me a change but didn't comment of whether using prefer twice is actually bad form?

@Everyone
    Thx for your kind / helpful comments, hopefully this post does help to prepare some people on what to expect when they start their HEX journey. Soon this game is gonna have its time in the spotlight and I wanna do all I can to make sure its a pop-culture changing success.

(I think mentioning the auction house and linking to dinos guide should suffice, since everyone interested enough will probably check his guide out anyway where there is more space and the AH gets explained as well.)

And big / large is just nice info where I lack everyday experience inside the English language.

I think this comment needs to get posted soon, it's getting kind of messy over there already.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

its a steam review, not a steam forum topic. Cant post reviews yet if we cant download the game yet.

3)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaryaDL0re View Post
    Very clunky -and not worth rewording imo, just cut it (trying to be concise after all). I think you're trying to say something like "they are both good enough that people can reasonably prefer either one" but I wouldn't.

This is also the place to mention that you can't play Hex FtF with real cards (so if that physically social aspect is important, Magic is the better game to invest in).
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252