Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A legal way to cash out?

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    I tend to agree with everything but under case 1 they just might ban you. Which in my oppinion leaves a bad feeling. I would like to believe they dont punish the small fishes if fiveshards and hexprimal run shops and they say nothing about that. But who knows.. Under 1 why not make a similar statement as in 2014. Cory made the statement that he wants our collection to have value. If we cannot sell our cards they dont have the value I was hoping for.

Given the latest statement from Gameforge I think 3 is actually the case. The thing about account and plat sales is tricky since I dont see any difference in wording in the TOS when it comes to those things. I know that there was this rule in the past and I would certainly not sell plat or accounts. I just want HXE to come out with some statement. If it is realy 1 then I cannot appreciate this at all.
    well you can rest assured if they started banning people for selling cards, their sales would suffer and many people would leave (or at least never put money into the game). They could do it, but it would be the stupidest thing they have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    well you can rest assured if they started banning people for selling cards, their sales would suffer and many people would leave (or at least never put money into the game). They could do it, but it would be the stupidest thing they have ever done.
    Yeah, I mean if the OP has to feed his family, HexEnt will look the other way, not that it would be flagged anyways. If the OP is lying and is making tons of l00tz pretending he is selling a massive Pokemon digital collection, ban away.

Beyond whatever legalese we see, there is still going to be pragmatism. The only issue of it not being sanctified = less value when you cash out and greater risk of getting screwed with no recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    I tend to agree with everything but under case 1 they just might ban you. Which in my oppinion leaves a bad feeling. I would like to believe they dont punish the small fishes if fiveshards and hexprimal run shops and they say nothing about that. But who knows.. Under 1 why not make a similar statement as in 2014. Cory made the statement that he wants our collection to have value. If we cannot sell our cards they dont have the value I was hoping for.

Given the latest statement from Gameforge I think 3 is actually the case. The thing about account and plat sales is tricky since I dont see any difference in wording in the TOS when it comes to those things. I know that there was this rule in the past and I would certainly not sell plat or accounts. I just want HXE to come out with some statement. If it is realy 1 then I cannot appreciate this at all.
    Under (1) they won't make a statement as in 2014 because that would violate the point of (1) which is to leave things vague. And the 2014 statement still holds true, as far as anyone is concerned. LEGALLY, they can do whatever they want including banning you for just about any reason. Practically, the statements the developers have made are essentially "common law" for the game, even if they have little to no legal force in a real court. It is impossible to remove counterparty risk here, which is probably why you shouldn't put a chunk of your net worth into this or any game.

This may be a frustrating reality to us users who can get pretty invested, but we must confront and accept it.