Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A legal way to cash out?

A legal way to cash out?

Hi guys,

First of all wanted to mention Hex is a great game and the only game so far that has kept my interest for so long. Amazing! Unfortunately as I have a small kid and time has been pressing me lately I am no longer able to allocate enough time and play regularly. Having that in mind I was wondering - is there any legal way to cash out?

selling cards is legal not account and currency
    Proud Champion tier backer

And you wont get any support in cases of scam. So be very careful how you go about this. Best case you find someone trusted inside the community that is interested to buy everything you have for a decent discount. You shouldn't use this forum for that, but if you count everything you have with reasonable value and put it up on the HEX reddit, I m sure you can find someone as long as your offer is profitable for the other person. (sometimes you can also get someone like KingGabriel to be a middle man)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    selling cards is legal not account and currency
    Except that we dont have a clear statement from HXE or Gameforge.

We have one Phenteo post saying "selling cards is ok but we do not recognize them" (which makes sense and is completely fine). People want to know if they would get banned for taking part in such deals. Possible reimbursments from HXE is not the issue for them. But that post was from 2014. The TOS changed in February 2015 and in November 2015.

2014:
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post443851

February 2015
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...=40984&page=15

November 2015 (and I think latest stand):
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...=terms+service

In that latest thread we have Lixil who says "nothing changed".

The latest ToS reads:
    The Gameforge Services are solely intended for the entertainment purposes of consumers. It is prohibited to use them for the purpose of making a gainful profit. Exceptions to this require the express, prior written consent of Gameforge.

(From section 4.3)
    Under no circumstances may the user
    <snip>
    c) buy or sell virtual articles originating from the Gameforge Services from third parties in return for real means of payment, nor may he exchange these goods or attempt to negotiate any of the aforementioned transactions unless this is permissible in the individual case.
    This also includes all actions equivalent to the aforementioned prohibited activities.

Please tell me how you guys read this.

Then we have a Gameforge employee who basically says "This is the generic TOS. We understand HEX is different and we will come back to you". So if someone from the community has something newer/better feel free to elaborate. If someone from HXE/Gameforge wants to say something even better.

Right now I think it's very foggy and I almost thinks HXE wants it to be foggy. We have Corys statement that he wants to have our collection to have value and we do have that phenteo post from 2014. We also have the fact that fiveshards and hexprimal run shops and that fiveshards gets frequently referenced from HXE. So in that sense I dont think they would ever ban people who sell cards. Still...we dont know 100%.
    Last edited by Metronomy; 04-10-2016 at 06:51 AM.

I think it's more so to cover them if you get scammed, do so at your own risk type thing. Selling to one of Hexprimal or Five Shards is probably safest. Selling on say eBay would probably yield the most at a slower pace.

Again..all I want to know is: "Do I get banned when I selll cards" ?

I understand they can not reimburse or held liable in any way. Thats why Phenteo said it in the way he said it in 2014. If someone from HXE would make the exact same statement now I would have no issue. But instead after the TOS change we basically only had "read the TOS" and after asking "I cannot give legal advise on how to read the TOS".

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    They wouldn't exactly be constantly posting fiveshards/hexprimal stuff if they weren't happy with the practices of said sites including selling.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGabriel View Post
    They wouldn't exactly be constantly posting fiveshards/hexprimal stuff if they weren't happy with the practices of said sites including selling.
    I agree...yet still..why not come out with a simple statement like in 2014 ? Thats all I'm asking.

I would like to repeat the statement from the gameforge employee directly:

"I’d like to take a moment to address some of the concerns that players have about the transition of the publishing responsibilities for Hex. We are currently looking at how our terms of service fits with Hex as a game and a community. Our intention is to continue to operate the game with the same values and focus that Hex Entertainment has had up until now. Gameforge uses a central Terms of Service agreement that is applied to every game we publish. One of the reasons for that is there are very strict rules that we need to follow as an EU and German company, and this ToS covers those needs directly. Having said that though, we recognize that not every game or community has the same needs. We are currently working on a set of rules that will be unique to Hex and will address our players needs as best as we can, while still complying with the laws we must adhere to. We are working on those changes right now and will keep you all informed as we progress. Given that these rules require legal time to look over them, they won’t happen overnight, but they are a very high priority for us."

I dont see any changes to the TOS compared to November last year. The special Terms and Conditions handle the purchase and use of platinum. Not what the player can do with his account or cards.

It very well may be that HXE would like to make a statement but that they are bound to the TOS handed out by Gameforge and need them to change them for their game. So their policy right now may be: Technically the TOS forbids it but we will not pursue or ban people because of card sales. Under which circumstances I still feel like they could make a statement like "We will not recognize any sales/trading done privately for real money. As such we dont feel any need to actively pursue or sanction such behaviour either.". The Code of Conduct already states that it is not allowed to advertise any such sales using the client or the official forums (which is of course completely fine).

If such a statement is still too 'hot' then at least say that the TOS are still being worked on to fit the needs of Hex. That way we know that it is not set in stone.
    Last edited by Metronomy; 04-10-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic View Post
    I think it's more so to cover them if you get scammed, do so at your own risk type thing. Selling to one of Hexprimal or Five Shards is probably safest. Selling on say eBay would probably yield the most at a slower pace.
    Just know that there is an advantage and disadvantage selling to these sites. The advantage is your chances of getting scammed are close to 0. The disadvantage is that these sites pay a VERY low rate on your cards.

Just a note, you cannot sell gold or plat, you can however convert the gold and plat into cards (or booster packs etc) and sell those