Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can say I sympathize with you. I found out about this game after the KickStarter had already ended which meant not KickStarter tiers for the KickStarter prices. After a while and thanks to a great friend, I was able to get my hands on an after market Grand King, Collector, ProPlayer and King Codes (not in that order). There might still few codes out there that have not been redeemed, and while risky it is possible to obtain them still them. Please keep in mind you will be paying 4-6x the original KickStarter prices.
    Grand King | Netdecker Extraordinaire | Collector

Baby Yeti
    When I backed the game on KS, it was unclear whether the game would be successful, or even finished, at some point in the future. It was a significant risk. I was lucky, but it took much, much longer than expected to get where we are now. Giving new codes to people "after the fact" would be unfair, don't you think?
    Kickstarter Backer (Pro Player tier)

Runt of the Litter
    Hey dude, I feel the same. I'm a slacker backer and I paid to have 1/4 things of a normal backer. HEX is a very nice game, and Cryptozoic is doing a very good job.
    I hope they can go ahead and become the new WotC, really, but my suggestion for you and the new players is: don't spend real money in this game if you are not a pro-player (and even if you are a pro, think twice befor buying a tier-1 deck). Play (from work, of course) and play again (PVE, draft and sealed are nice things), but don't put $ to become competitive, because ks backers are, and will be, always over to you as their rewards, and buying a ks code for about a 1000$... well, there is something better, for sure!

Feel free to add me if you want to speak again, and welcome to the "sad non ks players"!

PS: don't listen to the "I backed the game and it was a risk"... many games are founded just in 2-3 days after the project is posted, so I guess their risk was pretty low. I've backed about a week after the ks project was close, and my reward was poor for the money spent, so don't feel bad!
    Last edited by Kjhasd; 04-13-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjhasd View Post
    PS: don't listen to the "I backed the game and it was a risk"... many games are founded just in 2-3 days after the project is posted, so I guess their risk was pretty low. I've backed about a week after the ks project was close, and my reward was poor for the money spent, so don't feel bad!
    While the general idea, I believe you are trying to share here is roughly true, it's also coated in some cynicism...

For example, telling a new player that is interested in playing in tournaments to not spend any real money on the game is not good advice at face value. If you wanted to elaborate more and say they could earn the currency for real money modes through grinding PvE, that would be more accurate. Just like with anything in life... time = money. Being a pro player or a shit player should have nothing to do with how you enjoy your luxury time and what you spend to do it.

The slacker backer you have was not a poor reward for the money spent.
    It just was not the same caliber as nearly the same for the KS (like the $50 Captain's tier).

KS backers that use the risk excuse may be a little off-base, but not entirely. The game could have flopped at any time or could have been scrapped. it definitely was not as developed as backers were lead to believe, which was a 2+ year frustration point for almost all 17k+ backers. Again time = money, and in this case, the real catch for any KS backed game with exclusive rewards has to do with spending the money at the right time with no immediate gains or benefits for doing so.

There is a reason why people pay interest on credit card debt.

The Transcended
    ...my suggestion for you and the new players is: don't spend real money in this game if you are not a pro-player (and even if you are a pro, think twice befor buying a tier-1 deck). Play (from work, of course) and play again (PVE, draft and sealed are nice things), but don't put $ to become competitive, because ks backers are, and will be, always over to you as their rewards, and buying a ks code for about a 1000$... well, there is something better, for sure!
    Are you trying to say that paying a lot of money will make you win competitive Hex? I sure hope not, because that's entirely false.
    Are you trying to say that a player who pays more will always win? Again, false.

KS rewards doesn't give you any benefits in pvp matches. For the same amount that they paid for their high tier you could have gotten a tier1 deck too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Are you trying to say that paying a lot of money will make you win competitive Hex? I sure hope not, because that's entirely false.
    Are you trying to say that a player who pays more will always win? Again, false.
    True Dat!

@Kjhasd
    I am a prime example of a backer who sucks at drafting, I am proof your reasoning is flawed. While the rewards are great it does not make you a good player or guarantee wins.
    Grand King | Netdecker Extraordinaire | Collector

Runt of the Litter
    Well, maybe I've not explained well my opinion. Draft and sealed, paying real money, are very nice tournaments and I encourage to play that, even for a bad player, because the game itself is really good and fun.
    It's the constructed (or league) I don't encourage, because I can't compete with my deck against a, for example, 4x vampire king and 4x killipede. You can be the worst player in the world, but with the right deck you have a high advantage (mtg docet). So, imo, put the money in draft, but not in buying pvp cards.

So, imo, put the money in draft, but not in buying pvp cards.
    But what if you don't like draft, but like Constructed?

The Transcended
    Well, maybe I've not explained well my opinion. Draft and sealed, paying real money, are very nice tournaments and I encourage to play that, even for a bad player, because the game itself is really good and fun.
    It's the constructed (or league) I don't encourage, because I can't compete with my deck against a, for example, 4x vampire king and 4x killipede. You can be the worst player in the world, but with the right deck you have a high advantage (mtg docet). So, imo, put the money in draft, but not in buying pvp cards.
    I think I understand your frustration, but you're not articulating it very well. A bad player with cheap cards will probably lose. A bad player with expensive cards will probably lose, but less often than the previous. A good player with cheap cards might win. A good player with expensive cards has only skill and luck to blame for losing. You're right in that there is a certain "buy in just to sit at the table" so to speak (for those who like poker), but once you buy in there's no further advantage to spending money, it's all skill and luck from there.