Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hex Kickstarter Backer

It will be appropriate to give a rough background to illustrate my thoughts.

I have played MTG (physical cards) and Hearthstone @ Legend level, I have started Hex approximately 1-2 months ago; I would have started/backed Hex earlier if I heard about it (psst your marketing team!), but it never came to my ears till recently. There are a couple of people I know around me who are card game fanatics, and whom I believe who would love a game like Hex but have never heard of it.

The kickstarter rewards are pretty significant, and imo, something desirable for someone who is seriously interested in this game. It irks me that I have no legit method of getting it now (apart from illegal 3rd party buying), not for a lack of interest, but a lack of outreach by Hex (it is my humble opinion that your marketing efforts are still lacklusterous, though this might be intentional till Hex is more developed).

Would it be possible to put in some legit methods to obtain those kickstarter rewards? I understand the importance granting privilege to people who were with you since the beginning; perhaps a multiplication in price increase for the same tier would suffice as a arbitrary mental barrier?

As it stands now, I have 2 options

1) Ask for this to be implemented in an official legit manner; this which is the purpose of this post.
    2) Failing which, resort to 3rd parties site which means Hex gets non of my cash (believe me I would rather give it to Hex than a 3rd party to encourage development), and run the risk of getting scammed at the same time

Random ranting

This has been brought up several, several times in the past.

Long story short, it won't happen - both for official support of code trading and/or making the backer awards available again.

I fully understand where you're coming from though. It's practically impossible to collect everything in the game. It's just one of those things you have to come to terms with.

Additionally, as other people have stated in the past, people backed this game... when it didn't even exist yet. Frankly speaking, with the lawsuit (that's over and done with), there was massive risk to what could have happened to the game. Sure, you missed out on backing it either due to not knowing about it or not being able to at the time but it happens to everyone. Heck, I missed Skreens on Kickstarter (http://skreens.com/) - would've backed the hell out of this.

Enjoy the game for what it is now and what it will become. Don't think too much about what a tiny minority of the people have (and we do have some estimated stats on that).

Your posts don't portray you as someone that would have backed for the cards had you been given the chance. I 100% agree with Kami's response.

Quote Originally Posted by iplayfromwork View Post
    I'm bored to death :/ Playing Dota 2 till the update hits lol.

Not a fan of paying to enter tournaments, there basically ain't much to do in Hex for players like me who don't wish to spend too much $$ in games.

There is only so much you can do when the content is too easy currently

The Transcended
    ...I have no legit method of getting it now (apart from illegal 3rd party buying)...
    There's nothing illegal about selling KS codes, you just can't do it on these forums. It's actually quite easy to go buy codes 3rd party. It is expensive and risky, but not illegal.

I doubt I would be as invested (if at all) in Hex if I hadn't gambled the money on a Grand King KS. So while I don't necessarily think they should offer the same thing again, some new package that lets new generation players get invested seems like a great idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    There's nothing illegal about selling KS codes, you just can't do it on these forums. It's actually quite easy to go buy codes 3rd party. It is expensive and risky, but not illegal.
    This doesn't solves the issue with Hex not getting the cut.

To quote Terry Pratchett - "Crime was always with us, he reasoned, and therefore, if you were going to have crime, it at least should be organized crime."

The Transcended
    This doesn't solves the issue with Hex not getting the cut.

To quote Terry Pratchett - "Crime was always with us, he reasoned, and therefore, if you were going to have crime, it at least should be organized crime."
    Irrelevant. Hex already got its money from the KS codes. The codes now live on as collectibles with no further involvement from the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Irrelevant. Hex already got its money from the KS codes. The codes now live on as collectibles with no further involvement from the manufacturer.
    They can potentially get more, as to reiterate; I would rather my money goes to Hex so I can support them directly.

You can support them directly by buying platinum. Buying a code for 4x its original value (through risky channels) is your other option but they aren't going to go out of their way to disenfranchise the thousands of backers who contributed millions of dollars to the games development. It is frustrating to have missed out on that value, but that's how it is.