Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HEX would never sell packs directly for gold as it goes against their promise that they value our collections.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyzz View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with the AH because for the most part because your only trading one card. When it comes to platinum and gold we're trading it in the thousands or possibly millions, it will be a sorting nightmare...?

How do you sort specifically for 1000 platinum for X gold?

By cost? Nope, you will get the best prices for the least amount of stuff so 1 platinum for 100 gold! If it's the most you could get just stupid ones like 1 platinum for 10,000,000 gold ect ect. By name, well that's going to be a mess of everything not being priced well unless people constantly do the math of how much gold for. We could make it you have to get ticket of 100,250,500,1000,2000 platinum,ect that you can redeem for that much platinum but then you get into the issue of what happens if you only want 1-99 platinum or 285 platinum or 507 platinum?

Edit: didn't read specifically for currency as the title, but honestly I think it needs to be brought up again as a bad steam review is pretty much a death of the game of really ever being popular. Trust me when I say the current community vs the mass of the steam community our good votes will be nothing.
    This is pretty trivial to handle. You standardize the commodity for trade. You define either a "bag of X gold" or a "bag of Y plat" and you have pricing only in the opposing currency. Everyone is forced to deal in exactly the increment HXE defines as the unit of trade. You don't even have to use Bid/Ask at first; the existing AH will handle it well enough to start.

For example, you could define a "Bag of Gold" commodity to be 10,000g with price listed in Platinum. Since the price is in Platinum, that's what the AH fee will be taken against (it would be a Plat sink), while the Gold would pass from player to player with no tax. Alternately, you could define a "Bag of Platinum" commodity to be 100p with price listed in Gold. Now the AH fee would be in Gold (Gold sink), while the Platinum would pass without tax. Either way is fine, but I wouldn't do both; pick one or the other.

From a UI/QoL stand point, they could easily set up a parser so that you could list 1 million gold at once, and the system automatically parses it out into 100 separate listings (10kg each) on the AH.

Adding Bid/Ask for it would be nice as well, but not strictly required.
    Last edited by Yoss; 04-11-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    This is pretty trivial to handle. You standardize the commodity for trade. You define either a "bag of X gold" or a "bag of Y plat" and you have pricing only in the opposing currency. Everyone is forced to deal in exactly the increment HXE defines as the unit of trade. You don't even have to use Bid/Ask at first; the existing AH will handle it well enough to start.

For example, you could define a "Bag of Gold" commodity to be 10,000g with price listed in Platinum. Since the price is in Platinum, that's what the AH fee will be taken against (it would be a Plat sink), while the Gold would pass from player to player with no tax. Alternately, you could define a "Bag of Platinum" commodity to be 100p with price listed in Gold. Now the AH fee would be in Gold (Gold sink), while the Platinum would pass without tax. Either way is fine, but I wouldn't do both; pick one or the other.

From a UI/QoL stand point, they could easily set up a parser so that you could list 1 million gold at once, and the system automatically parses it out into 100 separate listings (10kg each) on the AH.

Adding Bid/Ask for it would be nice as well, but not strictly required.
    The problem it becomes a mathematical nightmare as we all know the prices are going to be different.

1. The AH takes money from what you make, making it so getting a specific value more annoying then it needs to be, making CoD more viable. We want a system where it beats the CoD for people just going into the game. It is 100% better to use CoD for all trading. I mean I prob wouldn't have all the cards for the money i spent trading extra's for platinum. I think if it has to be on the AH remove any sink to it at all both sides want the specific amount or C.O.D is better. Now have all the users understand the market, what's the general gold per plat conversion. That's why most High currency cards are generally traded over C.O.D because the tax only really screws over the new players who go into the game and play, not deal with trade chat and glare at it for days.

2. Even if we remove the tax due to the AH being a complete nightmare it would be horrible for it to make a ticket sort of item, why now players have to look through pages within pages to know they're getting the best deal? You can search for 1000 gold but maybe someone is selling 100 or 250 or 500 or 395 or 867 platinum for less gold? How does that help the user, and the old you should do research and look at stuff is a bad idea.

I'm just saying it's the easiest way for people to get the best bang for their buck, people are always buying platinum or gold for the best value for X quantity vs the AH. Which is something I'm 100% sure everyone wants. We want the system to be brain dead simple especially for a steam launch. I hate being a doomsayer but trust me this game will be given so many pay to win reviews on steam with a negative rating, we don't want them going to chat which they will most likely never open and go straight to a negative pay 2 win play HS it's completely free review.
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 04-11-2016 at 07:25 PM.

they really should just have 2 buttons somewhere in the UI: buy gold & buy plat

let the market define the rate. they just need to seed it with some initial value which can quickly converge to the 'true' value after a few transactions

Quote Originally Posted by Fateanomaly View Post
    Just look at how guildwars 2 do it.
    Guild wars 2 is nice, but the problem I can see is the system chooses how much it's worth not the community. IN Gw2, you could buy crystals before there was any to sell there was a set rate, so technically there is unlimited pool to sell. But the market value depends on how much is in the gold pool vs the gem pool you really don't choose the price. Spiral knights back when I played it the players controlled the price but it was mostly the same system.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyzz View Post
    The problem it becomes a mathematical nightmare as we all know the prices are going to be different.
    I'm not sure you understood my proposed system. Let me try again.

1. The AH takes money from what you make, making it so getting a specific value more annoying then it needs to be, making CoD more viable.
    Let's say they do my idea and choose to have the commodity be bags of 100 plat. In this case, the buyer always knows exactly how much Plat he will get, and it's a nice number for getting exactly the right amount for tournament fees.

2. Even if we remove the tax due to the AH being a complete nightmare it would be horrible for it to make a ticket sort of item, why now players have to look through pages within pages to know they're getting the best deal? You can search for 1000 gold but maybe someone is selling 100 or 250 or 500 or 395 or 867 platinum for less gold? How does that help the user, and the old you should do research and look at stuff is a bad idea.
    Again, if they do it smart so that all listings are for the same amount of currency (say 100p bags), then all you do is sort the listings and buy the cheapest one. No digging required.

EDIT:
    And I agree the GW2 way is not ideal since it's not fully player driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I'm not sure you understood my proposed system. Let me try again.

Let's say they do my idea and choose to have the commodity be bags of 100 plat. In this case, the buyer always knows exactly how much Plat he will get, and it's a nice number for getting exactly the right amount for tournament fees.

Again, if they do it smart so that all listings are for the same amount of currency (say 100p bags), then all you do is sort the listings and buy the cheapest one. No digging required.

EDIT:
    And I agree the GW2 way is not ideal since it's not fully player driven.
    100P bags work, since there is only one thing, I thought you where going to add it like Ultima online's bank note where you put X amount on it.
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 04-14-2016 at 01:54 PM.

The Transcended
    As a side note, I'm actually fairly surprised they don't charge 5% on COD.

I like the Bag of Gold idea. While there's probably better implementations, this one seems like it would have the least overhead to get in the game asap.