Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    I like the Bag of Gold idea. While there's probably better implementations, this one seems like it would have the least overhead to get in the game asap.
    I think you mean, Bag o' Plat? or BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I think you mean, Bag o' Plat? or BoP.
    I think it would work both ways but I would hope for 1k bags of gold... and not 100...

*five years later*

YES I FINALLY GOT 10K GOLD!

The Transcended
    I'd probably even do 10kg bags, if you're going BoG instead of BoP.

This will cause gold-platina ratio to skyrocket

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by iSimeon View Post
    This will cause gold-platina ratio to skyrocket
    A more useful statement would be: "This will cause the gold-platinum ratio to reach true market value." Your statement is just speculation that TMV is higher than the current Trade Chat price.

So, I know this is a bit off topic, but just for anyone still watching before implementation:

If HXE wants Gold to be slightly more valued than Plat, they would implement: BoP
    Example: Player 1 posts BoP 100 for 11,000 gold, Player 2 posts BoP 100 for 10,000 gold, Player 3 posts BoP 100 for 12,000 gold. Price Floor = 10,000 gold, Price Ceiling = 15,000 gold.

If HXE wants Plat to be slightly more valued than Gold, they would implement: BoG
    Example: Player 1 posts BoG 10,000 for 100 plat, Player 2 posts BoG 10,000 for 90 plat, Player 3 posts BoG 10,000 for 75 plat. Price Floor = 67 plat, Price Ceiling = 100 plat.

Based on the examples - and Sorting highest to lowest, players will always be influenced to post closer to the price floor to influence their ability to sell.

The price floor and price ceiling could be variable, but imho, should be set to something to not allow the market to overly influence scarcity or abundance.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    So, I know this is a bit off topic, but just for anyone still watching before implementation:

If HXE wants Gold to be slightly more valued than Plat, they would implement: BoP
    Example: Player 1 posts BoP 100 for 11,000 gold, Player 2 posts BoP 100 for 10,000 gold, Player 3 posts BoP 100 for 12,000 gold. Price Floor = 10,000 gold, Price Ceiling = 15,000 gold.

If HXE wants Plat to be slightly more valued than Gold, they would implement: BoG
    Example: Player 1 posts BoG 10,000 for 100 plat, Player 2 posts BoG 10,000 for 90 plat, Player 3 posts BoG 10,000 for 75 plat. Price Floor = 67 plat, Price Ceiling = 100 plat.

Based on the examples - and Sorting highest to lowest, players will always be influenced to post closer to the price floor to influence their ability to sell.

The price floor and price ceiling could be variable, but imho, should be set to something to not allow the market to overly influence scarcity or abundance.
    Ew. Why put ceilings and floors?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Ew. Why put ceilings and floors?
    They don't 'have' to... I have personal feelings that a 'invisible hand' with marginal influence on ratios based on the player ran economy sales, would help facilitate the type of payout they wish free-to-play players are able to acquire in a given amount of time.

In other words, easier for developers to balance farm rates and gold-drop rates.