Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Platinum / Gold Exchange

I see the release of steam as a great thing, but I only see one problem. The lack of information on how to make platinum. Sure most the oldies know that you can go on the trade and trade gold for platinum, and know the general exchange rate. But to someone who just comes into the game this could never hit their mind and just see this simply as a game where if you want cards you have to buy Platinum (for rare and legendary cards).

So I was thinking we could do two of the things.

Add to the store part of the place a way to convert gold into platinum, or platinum into gold like games GW2 and Spiral Knight does with a slight twist. Guild wars 2 does a stock market kinda way where if the server has more gold then crystals, the crystals become more expensive and the same with the opposite situation which isn't something good right now with an open market base so instead it would work like this.

1. Player A first input I want to buy either Gold with Platinum, or Platinum for gold so it would look like I want to buy 1 platinum for 100 gold.

2. Player A now inputs the quantity of how much he wants, so he want's 500 platinum, he has to put 50,000 Gold into this system unable to access it unless he cancels in which he would get 50k gold - what how much platinum he bought.

3. Now Player B, the person coming into the store can see Player A's gold as this system will always show the best bang for your buck purchase. So to complicate this now

Player A, put his gold for 1 Plat for 100 gold at 8:00 AM

Player C, put his gold for 1 Plat for 99 gold at 8:30 AM

Player D, Put his gold for 1 plat for 100 gold at 9:00 AM

Player E, put his gold for 1 Platinum for 200 gold at 7:30 AM

What will happen it will be a mixture of FIFO (First In First Out) and Cheapest.

So the order people would buy gold from is:

Player C

Player A

Player D

Player E

Once a player loses all the funds or pulls out they're out. You cant add more funds or take out partial amount of funds to give those who put in their orders behind you a fair chance. If you where to purchase more platinum then people have gold there you would buy from Player C and A and D, showing you the varying price of platinum so it would look like this on their purchase screen.

Player 1 (aka C): 49,500 Gold for 500 Platinum

Player 2 (aka A)L 40,000 Gold for 400 Platinum

Is this alright with you

Yes/No

OR

We could use the auction house as is, but I see this as being a zeroes nightmare that people might try to abuse the system with taking millions of clicks to get to the cheapest offer. This only allows complete purchases, versus partial purchases. It will be impossible for certain people to get a specific number of platinum.
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 04-11-2016 at 12:13 PM.

The Transcended
    You're just describing a Bid/Ask Currency Exchange, and I agree it's a great idea. We asked for this all the way back in 2013 already.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26789

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    You're just describing a Bid/Ask Currency Exchange, and I agree it's a great idea. We asked for this all the way back in 2013 already.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26789
    Yeah, I'm fine with the AH because for the most part because your only trading one card. When it comes to platinum and gold we're trading it in the thousands or possibly millions, it will be a sorting nightmare...?

How do you sort specifically for 1000 platinum for X gold?

By cost? Nope, you will get the best prices for the least amount of stuff so 1 platinum for 100 gold! If it's the most you could get just stupid ones like 1 platinum for 10,000,000 gold ect ect. By name, well that's going to be a mess of everything not being priced well unless people constantly do the math of how much gold for. We could make it you have to get ticket of 100,250,500,1000,2000 platinum,ect that you can redeem for that much platinum but then you get into the issue of what happens if you only want 1-99 platinum or 285 platinum or 507 platinum?

Edit: didn't read specifically for currency as the title, but honestly I think it needs to be brought up again as a bad steam review is pretty much a death of the game of really ever being popular. Trust me when I say the current community vs the mass of the steam community our good votes will be nothing.
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 04-11-2016 at 12:28 PM.

I will keep promoting this idea, because I think it is good, but like both of your systems, there should be a limit to what and how much can be traded for, for gold to plat.

For example with the launch of set 4:
    Set 3 packs for gold
    Set 4 packs for gold
    100 plat for gold

All items can be posted by real players for their pre-set gold amount.
    All items can have game determined price floors and price ceilings to eliminate gouging or leap-frogging.
    All items could be PvE facing, to help build this transition from gold to plat and packs into the f2p farming interface.

(People could sell set1 and set2 packs for gold still on the AH - the above would only be the relevant client facing transactions promoted)

They could track exchange rate and handle currency exchange seamlessly. In a digital environment, having manually exchange currency is archaic.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I will keep promoting this idea, because I think it is good, but like both of your systems, there should be a limit to what and how much can be traded for, for gold to plat.

For example with the launch of set 4:
    Set 3 packs for gold
    Set 4 packs for gold
    100 plat for gold

All items can be posted by real players for their pre-set gold amount.
    All items can have game determined price floors and price ceilings to eliminate gouging or leap-frogging.
    All items could be PvE facing, to help build this transition from gold to plat and packs into the f2p farming interface.

(People could sell set1 and set2 packs for gold still on the AH - the above would only be the relevant client facing transactions promoted)
    I would do the reverse have no longer standard legal tournament sets become only purchasable by gold when set 5 rolls around, set 1 will become a legacy pack 1 and will go around 5 to 10k gold each on the AH. This will make every new set of cards make some of the more expensive rares like VK/Reese become available to everyone.

That sounds like a horrible idea...
    Why would you think that, if they where to release set 3 and 4 with gold it would serve really no purpose as there is people selling it for less, unless the store under cuts them which the packs would still be sold for less. Set 1 when it's no longer tournament legal really serves no purpose on the PVP side, and the cards will only be good for PVE.

Oh, sorry there is a disconnect - what I was talking about is 100% player to player trade being front loaded in PvE. Has nothing to do with HEX selling packs for gold....

Oh, sorry there is a disconnect - what I was talking about is 100% player to player trade being front loaded in PvE. Has nothing to do with HEX selling packs for gold....
    AH so people see the new stuff on the same system for the gold to platinum trading, aka making it easier to buy mass packs. I though you wanted it so the store sold platinum/packs for gold for the most recent.

Honestly that is my bad.