Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Set 4 - Sealed Gauntlet

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    What is that guess based on? Because it not what they said when they launched gauntlets.
    I believe this is what they did when they did the flashback drafts, if I'm not mistaken. They ended all gauntlets that were in progress and gave you rewards based on your record, regardless if you were not complete. I'm pretty sure there's some post by a HXE employee or news article somewhere that can confirm this, but I don't know where it is exactly (read: too lazy to look).

Flashbacks are different from the regular gauntlet, because a) they're a separate queue and b) when that queue closes, it will stay closed for an indefinite period.

High Tomb Lord
    sorry, was just an assumption sinc it would make most sense to me... i didnt know it was announced different
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Hard to say...in the past they said that when new sets came out that the gauntlets wouldn't be forcibly ended. For events we HAVE noticed that the gauntlets are forcibly ended when the event ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    No reason to play a set 3 pool when set 4 is available, but when set 10 or 12 is available? It's the best possible way to freak someone out.
    Hmmm, devious plan, I like it!
    I might just have to start a Set 3 sealed guantlet, just to save it for a couple of years and come back to it then (if Hex survives that long)

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    i guess they will end all set 3 gauntlets... they wont mix both of them
    They've answered this previously, though they could of course change their minds. They will not cancel Gauntlet runs when a set changes. You can therefore "save" a Set 3 Gauntlet until Set 4 (or even Set 10) if you're so inclined. However, you can't start any new Gauntlet until you finish the one you've got, so saving one for a long time is probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    However, you can't start any new Gauntlet until you finish the one you've got, so saving one for a long time is probably not worth it.
    I'm pretty sick of set 3 sealed so I probably won't do it this time around, but I plan to play a bunch of set 4 gauntlet on my alt account. When I open a completely bonkers pool that I'm sure will 5-0 easily, I'll save the deck and go back to playing on my main account. Then every couple years I can play a single game with that alt account to freak someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    I'm pretty sick of set 3 sealed so I probably won't do it this time around, but I plan to play a bunch of set 4 gauntlet on my alt account. When I open a completely bonkers pool that I'm sure will 5-0 easily, I'll save the deck and go back to playing on my main account. Then every couple years I can play a single game with that alt account to freak someone out.
    I like this plan.