Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set 4 - Sealed Gauntlet

Set 4 - Sealed Gauntlet

Hello everyone.

I'm a Knight Tier backer of this game and have been lurking around since the beginning. I played my free drafts and then entered hibernation until the Frost Ring arena was out, played a few weeks and then picked up the game again with AZ1, when I also realized that Sealed Gauntlet existed and started playing it as much as I could.

With Set4 in sight (if you squint your eyes a little), I was wondering about a few things regarding the sealed gauntlet format evolution:
    1) Do we already know what will it be? Like 2*Set 3 packs + 4*Set 4 packs?
    2) Most importantly, what will happen for the current sealed gauntlet pool? Let's say for example that I start a new run now, consisting therefore of 6*set 3 packs.When Primal Dawn releases, would that mean that I can play my Set 3 pool against whatever the new format is ?

The answer to these questions are pretty important to me as it will also give me an idea about what to do with my set3 leftover packs and wether or not I will be launching myself into yet another set3 SG run.

Thanks in advance for whatever answers any of you manages to give me.

Gigantisaur
    Pretty sure it has been confirmed that it is indeed 4-4-4-4-3-3 for sealed.

And for #2, if I recall the deets on when gauntlet first launched, yes you keep whatever pool you have open as a new set comes in. So you'd finish a set 3 pool against someone playing 4/3 sealed, in theory. Once you finished your run you'd then be into the primal dawn/AoM format.

Then I guess the rewards, regardless of wether I finish the run before or after Set 4 release will consist only of set 3 packs. if I start my run before. Am I right?

As I understand it, your rewards are determined by when you end the gauntlet, not when you start it.

High Tomb Lord
    i guess they will end all set 3 gauntlets... they wont mix both of them
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Back when gauntlet was first announced, I asked about this and Shaqattaq said that gauntlet runs were evergreen and wouldn't be forcibly ended.

Obviously policy could have changed between then and now, but my default assumption is that you can leave a gauntlet open for as long as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    i guess they will end all set 3 gauntlets... they wont mix both of them
    What is that guess based on? Because it not what they said when they launched gauntlets.

Devoted Emissary
    we have been playing set 3 for far too many months why would someone play a set 3 pool when set 4 is available? just forfeit
    king tier backer, catalan and european

Sealed gauntlet is so quick, just finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalonia View Post
    we have been playing set 3 for far too many months why would someone play a set 3 pool when set 4 is available? just forfeit
    No reason to play a set 3 pool when set 4 is available, but when set 10 or 12 is available? It's the best possible way to freak someone out.