Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cloud king requires promo dust

cloud king requires promo dust

In the past I had EA'd all four of my cloud queens and I am 99.99% sure that it did cost me 4 uncommon stardust, so now i had saved up some more stardust I wanted to EA my cloud kings as well, but after the first one, I was unable to EA the 2nd. Then I realized it took my promo stardust instead of a rare stardust ....While it is just a PvE card, just like the cloud queen. So why does one require its normal rarity and the other promo? So I assume this is a bug, either they should bost cost promo dust or queens should cost uncommon and king rare.
    If i had known this beforehand I would have never EA'd this..... 200p down the drain

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    In the past I had EA'd all four of my cloud queens and I am 99.99% sure that it did cost me 4 uncommon stardust, so now i had saved up some more stardust I wanted to EA my cloud kings as well, but after the first one, I was unable to EA the 2nd. Then I realized it took my promo stardust instead of a rare stardust ....While it is just a PvE card, just like the cloud queen. So why does one require its normal rarity and the other promo? So I assume this is a bug, either they should bost cost promo dust or queens should cost uncommon and king rare.
    If i had known this beforehand I would have never EA'd this..... 200p down the drain
    I don't know what kind of stardust it used before, but all of those cloud cards are promo cards but wasn't marked correctly before the last patch:
    'Cloud Queen, Cloud King, and Storm of the Century are now correctly marked as promo cards'
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!

how is that fair?
    It used to cost 4p to EA and now it costs 200p to EA it and it is nowhere mentioned?

If i send a ticket to support, can I un-EA it and get my promo stardust back?

how is that fair?
    It used to cost 4p to EA and now it costs 200p to EA it and it is nowhere mentioned?

You are asking for Promo Stardust back, and you are saying you EA'd it with uncommon dust prior? I wish I made the same mistake prior to the fix.
    I don't think you will get any help here. You took advantage of a system flaw. Also, before you EA a card, it shows you what dust you are about to use.

However, I do agree that it is a little confusing that the Cloud cards from the Convocation event are being listed as Promo, when they are uniquely PvE exclusive cards. Despite being super rare and chase, in either form.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    You took advantage of a system flaw.
    It was unknowingly, I never had considered the possibility that a PvE card could require a promo dust under any circumstance. I only EA'd the common and uncommons first, thus including the cloud queens. Then when i had farmed more and had more stardust, I also started EA'ing the rares. But in the meanwhile this secret change slipped into the game with no announcement....

Also system flaw? I still believe the original system was correct and the current system where all cloud cards cost promo is flawed, it is way too expensive. It basically makes the cloud deck full of AA's that requires 15+ promo dust, thats' insane.

It was unknowingly, I never had considered the possibility that a PvE card could require a promo dust under any circumstance. I only EA'd the common and uncommons first, thus including the cloud queens. Then when i had farmed more and had more stardust, I also started EA'ing the rares. But in the meanwhile this secret change slipped into the game with no announcement....

Also system flaw? I still believe the original system was correct and the current system where all cloud cards cost promo is flawed, it is way too expensive. It basically makes the cloud deck full of AA's that requires 15+ promo dust, thats' insane.
    Well they are definitely promo cards and the EA system is promo card EA unlock = promo stardust. If it wasn't that way before than it was a bug/flaw/whatever. As far as something requiring 15+ promo stardust you have the option not to do it or to buy more promo star dust, this is not a game where you get everything you want, especially on aesthetic-only mechanics, unless you are a millionaire.

EDIT: In rereading this I came off as an insensitive prick, wasn't my intention - apologies!
    Last edited by fido_one; 04-14-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    You are asking for Promo Stardust back, and you are saying you EA'd it with uncommon dust prior? I wish I made the same mistake prior to the fix.
    I don't think you will get any help here. You took advantage of a system flaw. Also, before you EA a card, it shows you what dust you are about to use.

However, I do agree that it is a little confusing that the Cloud cards from the Convocation event are being listed as Promo, when they are uniquely PvE exclusive cards. Despite being super rare and chase, in either form.
    There was a bug for a long time where AA cards were showing their rarity, rather than promo rarity, so when you look at the type of dust it took, it misinformed you and still took your promo dust, even though it says it's taking rare or uncommon. I fully sympathize with the OP on this.

Also, I wish they had stuck with the original implementation, where only AA cards took promo dust. In my opinion, only alternate arts should be more expensive, because you're already going out of your way to play with a special version. Promo cards that aren't alternate art (i.e. only one version exists) should be at their regular rarity, in my opinion.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

If it was a flaw with the game that gave you misinformation then you should 100% report and submit a ticket through game forge. I'm not sure what to think about rarity for PvE exclusive content. Because it's already pretty ridiculous now to EA cards that only we see, but also why should any PvE card be considered AA rarity or "Promo" rarity when it's the only version of the card. So I mostly agree with everything you said.

Devoted Emissary
    They changed it around Christmas if I remember correctly. Prior to that all PvE promo cards used the dust of corresponding rarity. I think the changes were included in the patch notes at the time, but can't say for certain. I also believe it was always meant to work that way, it just took them a while to fix it in client.

The PvE "promo" cards are the ones that come from seasonal events - Ardor day, Night of Bells, from Conventions - convocation packs, and the recently released kickstarter cards. I think it's fair to class them as promos since they are all from time limited or exclusive sources, even if they aren't AA cards.

As someone who is trying to EA them all I would be fine if they switched back to requiring the regular rarity dust though :-).

how is that fair?

To clear up a significant part of the misunderstanding about this... this change actually was mentioned: http://www.hextcg.com/patch-notes/en...t-patch-notes/
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!