Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far ahead of time will they announce set 4?

How far ahead of time will they announce set 4?

Any ideas how early they will announce set 4 date? Days, week, or weeks before the set comes out?

Their new stance on giving out as little information as possible makes me worried I'll completely miss it if I don't check often.

I'd check the announcement thread here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=48672

There was a big debate about that. They aren't really saying anything until it's done and I won't rehash the saltiness or debate that has followed, it makes for a good read on how they are approaching communication these days and how some staple members of the community have reacted to that change.

Their past history shows we'll get about a weeks notice. Just follow Friday updates, no chance the release date gets past you if at least read that email.

About a one week notice has been the norm for the past 2 sets and some of the other features (arena/campaign). Their stance on giving out information isn't a new position by the way. Been that way since closed beta. Alpha was more open but that was slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    The other game is 25 years old. They've gotten good at it and have the support of Hasbro, the world's most powerful toy company.

Trust me, when it first launched they had issues too. Worse issues. They had to change the card design just to combat counterfeits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    The other game is 25 years old. They've gotten good at it and have the support of Hasbro, the world's most powerful toy company.

Trust me, when it first launched they had issues too. Worse issues. They had to change the card design just to combat counterfeits.
    thats like saying "i've only been in college for 2 years, cant expect me to finish an assignment on time"

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    thats like saying "i've only been in college for 2 years, cant expect me to finish an assignment on time"
    Not at all... because I never advocated for tardiness here. Only stated that when Magic was in "college" it couldn't pass Algebra either.

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    announce and hit dates more than half a year out.[/url]
    You know how you can do this?

Have the set mechanically complete half a year out. Set 5 should be complete right this moment sans art, for any prayer of a two sets a year schedule coming true.

you would think people would get sick of typing out the same complaint everyday.