Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Forums are Dead. Long Live the Forums!

Been nice talking to you guys. I guess I'll probably still see some people in the game (once they get around to that social aspect)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Seen forum overhauls kill great communities before...
    Indeed, saw it myself in MTGO. IT was an active forum and they killed it ...twice..

Yeah, I don't see myself fighting to be heard on a new set of forums after they hit the reset button, when the company is clearly backing off in general from using them as a place for public discourse. There has been significantly less back and forth discussion in the last year ("come talk to me at GenCon" as the last word on hold priority, anyone?).

It'll be a shame to see this forum community transformed into just so much angry noise, like the EverQuest forums and WoW forums always were, but that seems to be the way they're headed. I'd certainly be happy to be proven wrong in this case, of course.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

How is there no way to hide the employee only login stuff from players? I'm not really worried about losing post counts or whatever, hopefully they start hitting set release dates in a timely manner so I never have to visit the forums again.

Add me to the list of disgruntled former posters. Seems like HEX does nothing halfway, either they make decisions I really love or make decisions I really hate. Unfortunately the wrong side is starting to win.

High Tomb Lord
    It seems that Hex is a bit weak willed everyone argues with them but are in general friendly yet now Hex is taking all these steps to not talk to us...
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

The evolution of any game from a more indy project to a full blown production really requires this sort of change. it was bound to happen eventually. I didn't think i'd mind losing post counts and all that because they aren't really important, and was more interested in making sure the posts were preserved and the forum was moved to a non HXE/CZE/Gameforge location that could stick with the game no matter what happened. But I admit, I put a lot of work into my 8600 posts. it will be a shame to no longer get recognition for that fact.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    The evolution of any game from a more indy project to a full blown production really requires this sort of change. it was bound to happen eventually. I didn't think i'd mind losing post counts and all that because they aren't really important, and was more interested in making sure the posts were preserved and the forum was moved to a non HXE/CZE/Gameforge location that could stick with the game no matter what happened. But I admit, I put a lot of work into my 8600 posts. it will be a shame to no longer get recognition for that fact.
    Its not that this specifically bothers me so much. just a series of choices I dont like over time. I dont regret backing in the slightest, and like just about anyone if I could go back in time I would have backed 50 x more. Just, dont always love the direction its headed.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    It seems that Hex is a bit weak willed everyone argues with them but are in general friendly yet now Hex is taking all these steps to not talk to us...
    I'm utterly baffled by this interpretation. If anything, this is a step towards talking with more of the player base. Having to create a separate forums account is an additional barrier that probably stopped more than a few potential forum posters.

If they've seemed a bit quiet lately, that might have something to do with a perfect storm of:

1. Being in between community managers.
    2. Being at the climax of a massive period crunch time for both the Primal Dawn and Steam releases.
    3. General community hostility/unrest due to being at the tail end of the longest PvP content drought the game has had (and hopefully will ever have) making wading in and talking to us an abnormally risky proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    Its not that this specifically bothers me so much. just a series of choices I dont like over time. I dont regret backing in the slightest, and like just about anyone if I could go back in time I would have backed 50 x more. Just, dont always love the direction its headed.
    I know that feel. There are a number of things I'd definitely do differently. I'd have gone for a priority management system to make it easier to deal with annoying triggers, and increasing the tutorial focus on priority, what it is, how to use it, etc rather than dumping it. I'd probably go for a forced pass every couple seconds with a few minutes of 'timeout' you can toggle on to think/run to the restroom/answer the door, whatever. Anything it took to keep everything on the stack, and keeping hold priority, while also adding a bit of tension and time pressure, plus keeping the game moving, for esports and the like. Those two changes were the beginning of this game not being made 'especially for me' and instead becoming a game 'I very much enjoy'.

That said I've made some excellent friendships that I hope will follow me to many future games. I really like meeting everyone at HXE, Cory Jones, Ben Stoll, Dan Clark especially have a special place in my heart, but John Nee, Phil Cape, Mattdunn are all just fantastic. Really everyone involved in the project is awesome to hang out with. So much so that I tried very hard not talking about hex with them the last time I saw them, just in case I don't end up playing hex forever I'd like to keep in touch with those guys just the same. Some of them have a really hard time not talking about Hex though =P
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.