Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Forums Giveaway

This post represents an iconic moment in Hex's history. It was stickied for a very long time, and it was a constant reminder of Cory's passion for the game. Of course, the best moment was when it was unstickied and laid to rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_Jones View Post

To our family of HEX supporters…

I have been chasing a dream for the last three years, a dream to produce an innovative trading card game: a game that combines the strategy of a TCG with the community and progression of an MMO. Something amazing and new, something you would love. We presented that dream to you, our community, and you responded with such mind-blowing support to help us launch HEX.

Sadly, the potential of that innovation has driven WOTC to file a meritless lawsuit in an attempt to kill a competitor before it delivers on that promise. HEX has a chance to give gamers a better and completely different experience from a digital-only TCG than a paper TCG can. Sometimes being small and independent makes you seem like an easy target to the bullies, and that’s not an easy place to be, but rest assured we are ready to defend the dream.

Yes, WOTC, and its even larger parent, Hasbro, are much bigger than Hex Entertainment. But the size of their bank accounts doesn’t make them right, and we will fight to deliver the game that you supported throughout this journey. We will not allow this frivolous legal action to damage our ability to deliver a quality game experience to you.

I appreciate the outpouring of support on our forums and I can understand the need to speculate on the specifics of the case. Clearly, I cannot address these posts in detail, but rest assured we have retained legal counsel that is very experienced in these types of matters and I feel 100% confident in a positive outcome for HEX. I will say that it’s important for the HEX community to remember we are all part of the same tribe. We are all gamers, so even if someone isn’t into HEX, please treat them with kindness and respect. We must all stick together as a tribe; gamers have it hard enough as it is without tearing each other down.

I will not allow the dream we shared as a community to be crushed. You believed in me, made the Kickstarter an amazing success, and stuck by us as we slogged through the alpha client. It is unfortunate that this hurdle has been thrust upon us. But, we will prevail; we have come too far to let the dream die now.

Lastly, I must ask that you respect the obligations of the HEX team members during this time and direct all questions or comments to myself and legal at legal@hextcg.com. We will read all inquires but remember that because of the nature of this situation we may not be able to respond at this time. But, we will continue to keep all of you, our fans and support, apprised of the developments as we have strived to do so from the very beginning.

Thank you,

Cory Jones and HEX team

I'm really bad at choosing favourite... So I think I'll just go for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_Jones View Post
    Its 2AM Friday night, Chris is still here at work and making major breakthroughs.
    Everyone on this team has given up years of their life to make it a reality, they deserve all the credit. I couldn’t be more impressed and proud of each and every one of them.
    Just a reminder of how dedicated all the Hex team are, and thanks once again for bringing this game to life!

Just making sure flyingmeatchip's Oath never dies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMeatchip View Post
    Just a Hex version of the Rifleman's Creed:

Hex Rifleman’s Creed
    This is my HexTCG. There are many like it but this one is mine.

My Wild Root Dancer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My Succulent Roostasaur, without bunnies, is useless. Without my Mancubus, I am useless. I must fire my One-Shots true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must Burn him before he Persecutes me. I will…

The Mushwocky and I know that what counts in this war are not the Heat Waves we fire, the noise of our Charge, nor the Incantations we make. We know that it is the hit that counts. We will hit..

My Righteous Paladin is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its shield and its hammer. I will keep my Thunderbird clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…

Before Cory, I swear this creed. My fellow Kickstarters and I are defenders of this Community. We are masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is HexTCG’s and there is no Magic the Gathering.
    And ofc the best reply under his post

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMeatchip View Post
    Mod please delete thread.
    Never forget

I think this I was starting the New Year off with more than a few drinks....thanks for the memories...

I'm not saying it deserves to win but this post right here that i am writing right now is pretty dope.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Hey everyone,

We are going to be on Steam soon, so I wanted to give you all a heads up. If you have questions or concerns about this, please feel free to post and I'll do my best to answer:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410380/
    Great news

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAoE2 View Post

[. . .]

Hi Everybody! Brynhildr here with a contest that I think you guys will like.
    During the Hex Raid stream, I won a code that was good for 1 copy of every card in set 1. Seeing as I literally only needed 1 of those cards, I decided I would donate everything back into the community.

What are the Trials of Entrath?
    The Trials of Entrath is a flavorful contest that gives you multiple ways to win cards. Each trial consists of three separate challenges with different requirements to earn various cards based on the theme of the trial. Each challenge must be completed in order. (You must complete Bronze, then Silver, and then finally Gold.)

[. . .]
    (Full post and thread here.)

I love this post as just one example of the amazing community Hex has. Not only did this person want to (literally) give back the amazing prize they received to the community, they took the time and effort to craft an incredibly imaginative contest to do so.

(Speaking of which, thanks for creating this contest to remind us of so many significant / funny / etc. moments in Hex's history!)
    -Stormshard

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    All you have to do is quote a favorite post from the past 3 years in this thread. I'll choose 10 to award 5 Set 4 packs to. One entry per person.

Let's see them...
    I haven't really used to forums much as of yet, but a giveaway is always nice. I vote yours :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    All vennen are male. It is the fundamental truth of vennen society, the basis of their fanatical religious devotion.

Except that it is a lie.

The orcs have been keeping a secret for decades, even from their Ardent allies. The time has come to expose this secret to the world. The shockwaves of this revelation will surely plunge the Ardent and the Underworld back into the nightmare of all-out war.

https://www.hextcg.com/primal-dawn-lazgar-chul/
    This post linked a fantastically written article (Thanks Loregoyle) and spoiled a pretty sweet looking card, as well as spawning some very 'interesting' discussion and threads.
    In-Game Name: Dorthonion