Thread: 2 Questions for HXE Devs regarding upcoming changes (Forums/Steam)

2 Questions for HXE Devs regarding upcoming changes (Forums/Steam)

Question #1:
    For those of us that own content here that will be transitioned to the new GameForge Forums - How do we edit? Do we need to recreate there completely? Will we be-able to refer back here for a time to log-in and pull from old posts?

Basically to summarize the above:
    Should I Create a text file now of the BBcode for a post I want to continue there, now before the forum transition?

Question #2:
    How will old grandfathered accounts be handled when associating more than 1 account to our steam account? Can we link more than 1 account to steam, so when in-regards to payments going through GameForge, if we prefer to pay with Steam Wallet, or will that not be possible?

(This might be an easier answer than I thought, but was concerned if there is some sort of limitation to the way steam and gameforge link up with existing accounts)

1) As far as i understood the migration, you won't be able to edit your old posts.

Creator of shareyourdraft.com / Forum thread IGN: dBug Twitch: dBug404

Quote Originally Posted by dbug View Post
    1) As far as i understood the migration, you won't be able to edit your old posts.
    That is my understanding too. Was just curious if we have any time after the transition to scoop up BBCode here, or grab it by quoting old posts there.

why not just save it now anyway as a text file on your pc just in case?
    either you need it and you can just copy paste from it to get the content back
    or you don't need it and you delete the text file again.

and afaik there is no game on steam where you can tie multiple game accounts to 1 steam account.
    Last edited by Salverus; 04-17-2016 at 01:14 AM.

I don't think I've ever been in a situation like this on steam ever, so I wasn't sure. Really depends on how Steam interacts with GameForge / Steam Wallet / Plat purchases.

I guess I'll save some text files, was trying to avoid it, but it won't take nearly as long as rebuilding urls/etc.

Yeah, i would save the textfiles. I am almost certain it will save you time.

Btw was it mentioned if the migrated threads are still open or gets closed?

Creator of shareyourdraft.com / Forum thread IGN: dBug Twitch: dBug404

The Transcended
    The problem is knowing a priori which things I will eventually want to quote/use in the future, and often the posts aren't even ones that I personally wrote.