Thread: Doppelgadget no longer regaining one shot abilities of other artifacts

Doppelgadget no longer regaining one shot abilities of other artifacts

Just played against a friend using a Talisman of Vitae/ Doppelgadget deck, and the standard interaction of targeting a Talisman (with or without used up one shot ability) to gain it on the replica version of the Dopplgadget is no longer working to reset the one shot. It is transforming as normal into the Talisman, bit is no longer grating the 1 shot ability, making the combo rather moot at this point. It seems to now be tracking the fact that the Doppelgadget has used the 1 shot of this particular power and won't allow future occurrences.

afaik this is intended. If you want the combo to work, you should NOT use the ability on the original talisman, then the copies from doppelgadget do have the ability each turn.
    It is the difference between copy and replica.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    afaik this is intended. If you want the combo to work, you should NOT use the ability on the original talisman, then the copies from doppelgadget do have the ability each turn.
    It is the difference between copy and replica.
    It is intended to create a replica, so the 1-SHOT should return each time. If it doesn't currently return I believe it's a bug.
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!

Can't recall where I saw that in a recent update, but they changed it along with the copy mechanism. If you use Doppelgadget on an artifact which used it's ability, the Doppelgadget won't have it anymore.
    Sorry can't find the source again, but pretty sure it was around the QoL recent patch and the article (forums only) about copies, etc.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

The silent death always comes from behind... so you'd better watch your back!

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRealm View Post
    Can't recall where I saw that in a recent update, but they changed it along with the copy mechanism. If you use Doppelgadget on an artifact which used it's ability, the Doppelgadget won't have it anymore.
    Sorry can't find the source again, but pretty sure it was around the QoL recent patch and the article (forums only) about copies, etc.
    Are you sure? If they changed it along with copy it should definitely be in the patch notes, but I can't find it there neither in the forums.
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!