Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happiness Is...

Happiness Is...

I think we've all had those moments when you are part of "The Perfect Storm" as the card-Gods smile upon you, and you receive a gift that turns the tide of the game.

My most recent experience with this happened last night. We were playing DCDBG Crisis 3 with the Forever Evil set. I was playing with Lex Luthor as my oversized Super Villain when I played Firestorm Matrix, and the top card of my deck was Nightmare Nurse! Having no VPs at the time, I was able to get the 6 necessary quickly to bring out Black Adam. Didn't take long for all of our decks to get tuned up after that, as I recruited Bane next.

It was part of our first ever 5-player victory!

As hokey as it sounds, what was your "Happiness Is" moment?

Grabbing two Mallets in your first two turns and watching your opponents cry as you fill their decks with your starters as you turn your deck into an unstoppable wrecking ball.

One player had 12 punches when it was over.
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Apple View Post
    Grabbing two Mallets in your first two turns and watching your opponents cry as you fill their decks with your starters as you turn your deck into an unstoppable wrecking ball.

One player had 12 punches when it was over.
    I'm assuming you were Captain Boomerang?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    I'm assuming you were Captain Boomerang?
    There are other ways to get a 4-Cost on turns one and two.

Starfire (Heroes Unite)? Rorschach? Ozymandias?

Swamp Thing with Monument Point/The Rot in the lineup?

Harley Quinn and someone discarded (Rorshach, Batgirl)?

There is Time Travel in the lineup?
    Last edited by SpiritDetective; 06-16-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Getting back on topic...

I once played the Watchmen scenario with some friends of mine. I was the mastermind. I managed to subtly reduce my deck to basically just Heat Vision, Owlship, and three Suicide Squad. We didn't even bother finishing; The other players gave up.

Yeah I guess I exaggerated 2 turns. XP

But Happiness is also Cosmic Staffing Ultra Strength, Ultraman, Frankenstein, etc
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Happiness is being the Traitor in Hidden Objective an opposing player plays Firestorm Matrix that plays Pandora's Box revealing Ultra Strength. Needless to say, no one was suspicious of me after that.

Playing JSA as the one who gets to pull a punch from discard for every different superpower you play and then 3rd or 4th turn buying the superpower that shuffles all your non-0 cost cards into your deck AND the card that lets you grab a superpower from your discard pile.