Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Rogues - SPOILERS

I played at The Rogues Sneak Peek at Origins this weekend. It was a blast! Interesting new mechanics and a bunch of new cards. First of all, the included Rogues SuperVillains to play as...

Captain Cold
    Mirror Master
    Weather Wizard
    Golden Glider
    Heatwave
    The Trickster

One of the new aspects of this Crossover Pack was the keyword Teamwork. This keyword basically means "Choose an opponent and play the top card of their deck." There are a few cards that allow you to Teamwork, but each of the Rogues SuperVillains have their own ability as well as "Teamwork: That foe gains 1 VP". So once per turn, each Rogue can play the top card of a foe's deck, then that foe gains 1 VP.

For example...
    Weather Wizard
    Discard 2 cards: Draw a card.
    Teamwork: That foe gains 1 VP.

Let me know if I can/should spoil more.

I would be curious if there was any hints as to a narrower time-frame than just Q3.

So as far as the Teamwork keyword, is the trigger for the Teamwork ability just playing the top card of an opponents deck (similar to how you would discard a card to activate the Time Travel keyword with Legion Pack)? Is that card that is played discarded afterword or does it go back on top of their deck? It seems like a very interesting concept that would actually work really well with Crisis-Mode.

I would ask about the Super-Heroes but I don't want to ruin the surprises to come. Can't wait to see more when Crypto makes the official announcement.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BenJazz View Post
    I would be curious if there was any hints as to a narrower time-frame than just Q3.

So as far as the Teamwork keyword, is the trigger for the Teamwork ability just playing the top card of an opponents deck (similar to how you would discard a card to activate the Time Travel keyword with Legion Pack)? Is that card that is played discarded afterword or does it go back on top of their deck? It seems like a very interesting concept that would actually work really well with Crisis-Mode.

I would ask about the Super-Heroes but I don't want to ruin the surprises to come. Can't wait to see more when Crypto makes the official announcement.
    I asked about a release date. Matt said it wouldn't be for a while yet, as some things messed up the schedule. In fact, the actual cards weren't even printed. Everything was printed out as proxies on paper and put in sleeves.

Teamwork is basically just shorthand for "Choose a foe and play the top card of their deck." The card is played and then returned, such as with X-Ray Vision. There is no cost to Teamwork, but it is something that can only be done when a card instructs you to do so. There are, for example, some cards that say things like...

+1 Power and Teamwork a foe.

...while each Rogue SuperVillain has the text "Teamwork: That foe gains 1 VP." Again, there is no cost, but it can only be done once per turn and whichever foe you choose to Teamwork will gain 1 VP for you doing so.

Is it straight up Competitive gameplay like JSA, Arrow, and Legion or is there a co-op element like in Watchmen?

Really interested in this set. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Is it straight up Competitive gameplay like JSA, Arrow, and Legion or is there a co-op element like in Watchmen?
    Straight-up Competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post

Let me know if I can/should spoil more.
    Well, I don't know if you can do spoiler tags here. I'd like just a little fix personally. You can pm me if it's ok.

Two things. About how many new main deck cards, and who is the starting Super Hero on the stack?

Quote Originally Posted by midnight_rider View Post
    Two things. About how many new main deck cards, and who is the starting Super Hero on the stack?
    I didn't count the exact number of cards, but there did seem to be quite a few. Maybe about 20?

The starting SuperHero is The Flash.

Is there a set order for the SuperHeroes? Does it go cost 8, 9, 10, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Is there a set order for the SuperHeroes? Does it go cost 8, 9, 10, etc?
    Yes, they go from 8 to 15.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D