Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yes, you can use it multiple times. Weaknesses work well with Black Lightning. Too bad you don't start with any.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-05-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

This doesn't work, you only put one card into your hand per activation, so even if you discard 2 cards you can only gain one weakness

Doesn't matter. You can activate as many times as you like, and Weaknesses have a cost of 0.

But you still only get one card, so even if you discard one card you only gain one weakness card. In the end it is +0 card advantage

Except that a Weakness is cost 0. Black Lightning has you discard a number of cards equal to the cost of the card you put back in your hand. If you discard zero cards, you can put a Weakness into your hand.

Also, I don't know if you realize, but the post directly above yours is the game's creator, and quite possibly the person who wrote the card, saying that this works.

Yeah sry but it seems a bit strange to me. I'm a former yugioh player and in yugioh you have to pay the cost or meet the requirements to activate a effect. You cant just activate a card and select to discard 0 cards to draw 0 cards. But yugioh is a different game
    I would still assume that you have to at least discard one card, but just my opinion

The thing with the Cerberus Engine is that there's quite a few cards whose timing you can choose at will. Several of the oversized Super Heroes and ongoing cards can be triggered at any time you desire, so long as you meet their requirements. And there's quite a few unusual things you can do with cards that use the term "equal to".

For example, Frankenstein from Crisis 3 allows you to pay VP tokens when you play it, and gain a card from the destroyed pile with VP equal to the tokens you paid. If you choose, you can pay 0 VP tokens when you play it and gain a Starter from the destroyed pile.

Paying zero in these circumstances is an unusual strategy, but there's nothing preventing it, and it can be used in many surprising ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamahome View Post
    Won't let me upload a pic but vixen is "once during each of your turns reveal the top card of your deck, if it's a hero, +2 power. Villian: destroy a card in your hand equipment: super villains cost 3 less to buy. Super power - draw a card
    If the revealed card is a Super power, do you simply draw that revealed card?

Vixen is going to work wonders with Shapeshift and Element Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    If the revealed card is a Super power, do you simply draw that revealed card?

Vixen is going to work wonders with Shapeshift and Element Woman.
    Yes, you would draw that revealed card.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

What sets would these new heroes go in, obviously Forever Evil is out, I'm guessing Teen Titans, not sure though, I know Joker last summer went in Forever Evil, Skitter from last years Gen Con went in teen titans, just unsure where these new promos would go in