Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Gen Con 2016 DC Deck Building Game Promos

I was wondering what the two new game promos are going to be available this weekend. If anyone can take a picture and post them here so I can see, it would be great. Thanks!

And on another note, would anyone happen to know when these two promos would be available for purchase?

My guess is they'll hit Board Game Geek early 2017.

Expect to see the promos hit Ebay during/after Gen Con.

Promos are Vixen and black lightning. I'll post stuff later

Great choices. Kudos to Crypto! Now I have to figure out which sets I want to pair these with in the future lol

I have a feeling that Vixen will be paired with Heroes Unite/Birds of Prey and Black Lightning with Crisis 4 (hopefully with some "OUTSIDE" characters ).
    Last edited by BenJazz; 08-05-2016 at 07:23 AM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Well what do you know? Black Lightning is already listed on Ebay.

Black Lightning
    Super Hero

Discard X cards: Put a non-Starter card with cost X from your discard pile into your hand.

I'm curious of this power can be used more than once per turn and if you are allowed to pull Weakness cards. My gut says no since they have no type.
    Last edited by SpiritDetective; 08-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Since the card doesn't say "non-starter type" card I would think weaknesses would be fair game. The other concern would be if X was required to be greater than 0 but I assume that would have been on the card (like how Frankenstein can pick up Royal Flush's 0 VP with its X). I would also assume that you can use it multiple times o your turn since King Shark uses the similar bold text to denote a repeatable action.

I was thinking about this and I realized that you could potentially pick up your entire discard pile if you have 3 weaknesses and a few cost 3 cards. Just keep picking up the weaknesses and discarding them for the cost 3's. Then discard cost 3's plus the weaknesses for higher cost cards. Repeat and you can even grab S-V's if you discard is big enough.

Maybe the designers will post an addendum haha
    Last edited by BenJazz; 08-05-2016 at 11:51 AM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BenJazz View Post
    I was thinking about this and I realized that you could potentially pick up your entire discard pile if you have 3 weaknesses and a few cost 3 cards. Just keep picking up the weaknesses and discarding them for the cost 3's. Then discard cost 3's plus the weaknesses for higher cost cards. Repeat and you can even grab S-V's if you discard is big enough.
    I came to this conclusion as well.

Won't let me upload a pic but vixen is "once during each of your turns reveal the top card of your deck, if it's a hero, +2 power. Villian: destroy a card in your hand equipment: super villains cost 3 less to buy. Super power - draw a card

I talked to Nate at gencon today, he confirmed that you can use black lightning multiple times per turn.

I'll ask Nate and Matt tomorrow about the never ending weakness loop if they don't post on this thread, but since you can pay 0 vps with Frankenstein to gain a royal flush gang, that this might also be possible.