Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokirikenshin View Post
    For solo play it states: "Each time you defeat an Archenemy, place all Wounds in play back onto the Wound stack."
    Does this include Wounds in your discard and draw pile?
    No. "In play" means only ones you have attached to your main and secondary characters.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Still confused on ambush and defense order. Earlier you said ambushes resolve in turn order. Is this the turn order carried over from the previous round? According to the sequence, ambush attacks from new titans come after the previous round but before a new turn order is established.

If a titan comes out and ambushes us and I am first in turn order and do not have a defense, but the next player to my left has a defense that can defend all players, can he defend for me or am I out of luck since ambushes must be resolved in turn order?

Titans on Attack: Smile - Add 5 to this Titan's cost this turn. Probably an obvious question but this means only this player's turn, not the entire round, right? So the next player in the round sees a different ToA and this +5 cost is gone?

Bearded Titan - while in this titan's space, you cannot deal damage to it unless you played Move 3 or more this turn. So if the first card a play this turn is a flintlock rifle (draw a card, deal 3 damage to an archenemy titan), and I start in this Titan's space, I would deal no damage?

Right. Since you haven't determined a new turn order yet, it follows the turn order for the last round.

He can defend for everyone. Everyone has a chance to defend in order, then the penalties happen in order.

Right. Turn = Player's turn.

Right. You should move inside the Wall, then you aren't sharing a space and can hit is no matter how much Move you have.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I'm curious on how the mechanics for Titan Trap work together with Armored Titan.

When Titan Trap prevent Titan's from dealing damage to a wall I assume Armored Titan's ongoing ability will still remove a token from the wall since it's not damage dealt?

I would also like to know more on how Defense works vs Ambushes. There are a lot of cards that will let you defend against an ambush. But from the three games I've played so far we've never felt the need to defend against ambushes. Either the ambush is not that big of a deal and it's way better to have a more powerful card in your deck or the ambush does something like remove a token from one of the walls. Because from what I understand you only evade the effect of the ambush that affects a Hero and not something that will target a non-titan card inside the walls.
    When I built around Mikasa's ability to defend a lot I felt pretty useless the entire session and would have prefered just going for more 3d gear or stronger non-titan cards. So I figured either it's me misunderstanding a ruling or defending is just a really weak option unless you have the card that removes the titan if you defended against it.

Oh, and one last quick question. The rulebook says there's supposed to be 16 3d gear cards and I only got 15 in my box. Is that a typo or did we end up being unlucky and getting one less card in our box?

Correct. Titan Trap only prevents damage and the Collosal Titan isn't dealing damage.

You CAN defend against effects that are hitting a card.

Sounds like you got unlucky. If you sleeved your card, sometimes two get stuck together. If you still want one, you can contact our online CS portal.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I'll just keep on firing questions as they come up during our game sessions. These are still some of the top questions at the moment.

1. Question about Archenemy Titan effects, does the "On-going:" count as an ambush or does it always have to say "Ambush"?

2. Can you play multiple defence cards vs the same Ambush ability to be able to draw additional cards?

3. 3d-gear can be bought from any space, Can Ian give 3d-gear cards with his ability to give another player a card costing 3 or less?

1) It's only an Ambush if it specifically says "Ambush."

2) No, you can only use one Defense per Ambush. (Unless you are Mikasa.)

3) 3D Gear can be purchased from any space, but it is not actually in a District, so no.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

(2) So Mikasa can play several Defense cards on an ambush even if the Ambush is only targeting a single non-titan card on the board?

New Question regarding effects that destroy cards that under a players control.

1) Do you always lose the benefits from destroyed cards that has been under your control?

2) How does this work together with returning 3d-gear to the pile so you can gain extra benefits. When does the 3d-gear disappear from your control and when do you have to activate the 3d-gear to gain it's benefits? Can it be commited to an Arch enemy Titan, removed because you want the benefits of extra Power for the take down and if there's a "Titan's on attack" card that removes equipment it's untargetable and you can't lose the benefits?

3) What happens if your own deck is below five cards and there's no cards in the discard pile?

OLD
    (2) Only if there are multiple things being hit by the Ambush. So, if Mikasa is in the same District as another player and a Titan Ambushes that District to give each player a Wound she can defend herself and the other player.

NEW
    1) In this game, yes.

2) You have to decide if you are going to return it when you play it. If you choose the 3D as the Equipment to destroy for the Titan's on Attack card you lose the Power, whether you returned the card or not.

3) You will draw all the cards you have left and end up having fewer than 5 cards in your hand.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

If you currently have a Wound on a hero by end of turn, and you draw a wound for the start of the next round, do you discard the current wound on the Hero first at beginning of turn? Or do you immediately play the one from hand, thus killing the hero?