Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Control vs Ownership

How many players can control the same card at the same time? For instance, Swamp Thing is considered to control, etc, so If I have Swamp Thing (oversize) in play and you have a location in play that allows a defense. Its my turn so, can you use that location to defend one of my attacks? (Do we both control it? I know you still own it.) Also, is "consider to control" exactly same as "control"?

You are both in control of it during your turn.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

In this case, can another person's card be discarded for "discard a card you control" abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    In this case, can another person's card be discarded for "discard a card you control" abilities?
    If you have control of their card, you can discard it from play for effects that ask for that.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

If a conflict occurs vs control, who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    If a conflict occurs vs control, who wins?
    Owner should win.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

This has been a question in my play group. Let's say I'm swamp thing and I "control" a friends Gotham city docks, could I then discard that ongoing card I control with silent armour? Will they have that location go to their discard?

Yes, you can discard their card for Silent Armor or similar effects. It goes to the owner's discard pile.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

>>If a conflict occurs vs control, who wins? (unclebill)
    >>Owner should win. (Matt)

So, if we both control the same card that is in-play and I want to discard it
    but the owner does not, then the owner wins and I do not get to discard it?

Or (different case)
    We can both use it to discard two-cards for two defenses? (Forgot what on-going location does this.)

Also, if we both want to control it for different uses, I want to discard it for a draw
    and the owner wants to use it for some effect, who gets first use/control on that turn?

And the list goes on...

It becomes much clearer if the current player is sole control of a card (when control is in effect).
    Time-Travel cards are controlled and they while controlled are in the "play" zone so most weirdness for that doesn't occur. Why not extend that rule to controlling cards of other players too? Sure it makes Swamp Thing very powerful but willing to accept that vs the chaos vs every possible play.

I realize, I could just say, My house rules are: ..., but I would much rather have an over-riding common ruling. So, please reconsider, and post reasoning.

I'm not sure why both players are able to discard it at the same time. Whoever has priority gets to discard it.
    If there was a conflict, and I don't see where one could occur, then the owner prevails.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game