Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Epic spell questions

Hello.

1. "Turn order"
    Quote from rule book "Wizards who played two spell components take their turns before wizards who played three spell components"
    Next section quote: "You may peek at your delivery to find this out, but don't reveal the card yet. A wizard who didn't play a delivery component or has a wild magic card in his delivery slot has an initiative of 0

Question: If I play 2 cards Quality + Wild Magic(0 initiative) on delivery slot, am I still before player with highest initiative?

2. Stronger & weaker foes
    I don't know If I good understand
    Quote " If a foe has the same amount of HP as you, they are neither stronger nor weaker"

Question: If I have the same number of HP like my foe, I CAN'T hit him? F.e in 1vs1 battle.

3. Creatures
    I don't get it sorry, so I write you how we played.

1st round, 3 players, everyone set 3 components of spell, we checked initiative, Player "A" started
    Player A: Resolved, he had a creature, he had good roll and kept it.
    Player B: Resolved, his Creature attacked Player A, and Player "B" KEPT his creature. QUESTION - Does the player "A" can block this attack by his creature in the same round? After that attack Players "A" creature is "dead"?
    Player C: Resolved, attack but didnt keep creature.

2nd round, 3 players, 3 components of spell, we checked initiative, Player "B" had the highest
    Player B: Resolve Surce + Quality + Delivery ( He had a good roll and kept second creature) QUESTION - He had a creature from 1st round. Can he use it like normal spell (makepower roll, pay blood, good damage, good roll and keep it again etc.?)
    Player A: Resolve S+Q+D and he attacked Player "B", QUESTION Does player "B" can block this attack by creature which was keep in the 1st and 2nd round?
    Player C: Resolve S+Q+D nothing more.

3rd Round. 3 players, 3 components of spell, initiative for Player "B"
    Player B: Resolve S+Q+D + 2 creatures? -> QUESTION - Player "B" with his combo - creatures can kill the rest players and its fair? If he had lucky about card ?Wishdoma? + Standee he can add another 2 cards to his spell so he would has a multiculture spell with S(Wishdoma + standee=2 extra cards)+Q+D + 2 kept creatures + 2 additional cards by wishdoma = 7 components ? vs the rest? :O And its still OK ? + 5 same glyph ( f.e 5 ?:O ) only 4 dies in box :P
    This situation was in our game, everyone stargazing on that.

If we played OK, I think there are too little reaction cards :P

4. Blood
    There is some delivery cards where is "Target: Foe with the most blood". QUESTION What about if nobody have any blood? Can I still attack foe?

Cheers
    P.s Sorry for my english. pls correct me. Im still learning.
    Last edited by Pepek; 02-10-2017 at 11:07 AM.

1. You can only play 1 Quality in your spell. If your spell has 3 cards in it, and the Wild Magic is your Delivery, you will likely cast last.
    If you have 2 cards in your spell, and the second one is a Wild Magic in the Delivery, you will likely be the last 2-card spell to resolve.

2. Correct. Can't hurt them with that card. Make sure you play a different card until they are no longer tied.

3. Player A can immediately use the KEPT Creature to block damage. If a player uses their Creature to block damage, the Creature dies and is discarded.

If you have Creature in play when your spell resolves, you roll for that Creature. Its glyphs help your other components, and your other components help the Creature. If you roll another KEEP for the Creature, it continues to stay in play and can block.

If someone has a lot of Creatures, be sure you target them with all of your spells that allow you to choose the target.

4. If everyone has 0 Blood, then 0 is the most, and you can choose anyone to target.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Ok. One more question to solve.

I've got 2 keep creatures. I resolve the delivery card first and I count the die roll for those 2 creature or each one separately? What I mean.

Example 1.
    S+Q+D + 1st and 2nd creature
    S+Q +D resolved
    D - roll power (4dmg) player "B blocked
    1st creature roll power(2dmg) to player "B"
    2nd creature roll power(1dmg) to player "B"
    so player "B" takes 3dmg?

or

Example 2
    S+Q+D - resolved as a magic cast
    1st creature (roll power 2dmg) + 2nd creature (roll power 3dmg) = 5dmg to player "B" and He can block 5 dmg by his creature

Which example is correct?
    Last edited by Pepek; 02-10-2017 at 12:22 PM.

You roll separately for all Deliveries in the order of your choosing.
    S+Q then choose which D to resolve first, second, and third. Roll each one separately.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thank you Matt

Different question: which card sleeves you recommend for ESW ?
    Last edited by Pepek; 02-12-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Any TCG sleeve will work fine.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hello again
    I resolved my spell with creature on delivery card.
    1. I attacked by this creature player B but i didnt keep it. Cards are on the table. Than Player B attack me[question] can I block this attack by my creature which attacked earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepek View Post
    Hello again
    I resolved my spell with creature on delivery card.
    1. I attacked by this creature player B but i didnt keep it. Cards are on the table. Than Player B attack me[question] can I block this attack by my creature which attacked earlier?
    As soon as your spell has resolved, you discard it.
    That means if you did not KEEP your Creature, you cannot block with it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hello, question about the card "RAW-HYDRAS"
    Deal 3 damage to your strongest foe.
    Pay 4 blood: Deal 7 damage to each foe with a Last Wizard Standing token.

Player can choose only one spell. If he pay 4 blood, he deal 7 damage to each foe with a Last Wizard Standing token.
    or If he not pay 4 blood, he deal 3 damage to your strongest foe.

He can not deal 10 damage for use spells together.

It is right?

If you pay 4 Blood, both parts will resolve, so a player with a LWS token might take 10, ONLY IF they are also the strongest foe. If that player is not the strongest foe, they take 7.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D