Question 3012 Deck Builder , Question

I just recently bought 3012 to try it out. I know its a bit of an old game, but hopefully someone still has input on it. My question is, Can you gain effects from action and Reaction cards during the Acquisition phase. The reason I am asking is that in the rules it states that you can play cards you have in your hand "to gain extra gold" however it didn't say that otherwise you would be able to play these cards for their effects e.i. to draw cards , make others discard cards. I played this for the first time with a few friends and we played by being able to play and use cards effects during this "buying" phase and it almost seemed broken..sometimes you would come up with an almost infinite chain or immediate "god hand" it also made the game drag on. so I was just wanting clarification on whether or not you can indeed gain effects from cards texts during the acquisition phase before your turn ends. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

The mention of playing them just to gain extra gold was not meant to say that you may ONLY use them for their gold value during the Acquisition Phase. That reminder was there for cards that were seemingly useless during other Phases of the game. Indeed you can play cards during the Acquisition Phase. From the rules, you get all the Gold:

"present on all cards you played, any gained from Action cards you played or revealed this turn, and the number of Gold Tokens you possess."
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thank you so much for the clarification, and swift reply. Any word on possible expansions? *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieLeeH View Post
    Thank you so much for the clarification, and swift reply. Any word on possible expansions? *crosses fingers*
    Not going to be one, sorry to report.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Also , I was confused on the Scout Pool and Sacrifice Pool. When I played my first game I assumed they were one in the same because it explains that the scout pool is where unused scouts would go, (i.e. scouts from a faction not in play) but also where they come from when entering play. This confused me because the sacrifice pool is where cards that are sacrificed go. Pretty simple..there are cards that sacrifice scouts...so this is why I assumed both pools were one in the same...apparently from wording in the rule book they are separate. My question then is...what card if any , takes a scout "out of play". I don't think there is such a card. And in that case how ever would a scout ever be put "out of play" to be added to the Scout pool?

They are different pools, actually.
    I don't recall any that would take them to the Sacrifice Pool and back again. I think that is not supposed to happen, as there are Scouts available in the Scout Pool for cards like Fresh Recruit.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

You are right. That's what was confusing me. Cards like fresh recruit can bring in a scout from the scout pool, and cards like Thrown to the wolves etc. sends cards to the "sacrifice pool" . There isn't a card that can bring back cards from the Sacrifice Pool, however in the rules (when describing the scout pool) it states that scouts being discarded from play go there and scouts being brought into play COME from there. My question is..under what circumstance does a scout get discarded there. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no card that does this. I've seen many that "sacrifice" scouts , but none that say to "discard them from play" but as we have both determined, sacrificed scouts go to the "sacrifice pool". Thanks again for the responses .

No card does that, as you say.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D