Possession vs Starro

My opponent plays Possession and I reveal Starro. How does this interaction work with the wording on Starro? Does it just assume that it's my opponent playing the card?

You discard the top card of only your own deck, then play that card.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So I play the card, not my opponent?

Correct. If the attack was "discard a card" your opponent would not do that, and this is no different.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Well, what I'm speaking of is resolving a card that would come off of Starro. Possession states that your opponent opens his hand and they resolve every attack against themselves. The card that Starro peels off -isn't- part of my hand at the time, so what happens to
    -that- attack? Or am I misinterpreting what you're saying and just every attack hits me regardless?

If Starro peels an Attack off your deck, it indeed isn't part of your hand, so it would resolve against your opponents.
    My example was only to demonstrate that just because Starro ends up helping instead of the preferred hurting, your opponent still gets it. I wasn't talking about the peeled card actually being an Attack, but that was a good follow-up question about in hand or not.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D