Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Finite View Post
    I want to make sure I understand Bag of Tricks and Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain).

1) Bag of Tricks Example:
    I pay 5 VP then I get +5 Power and draw 5 cards. Is this correct?
    Correct.

2) Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain) Example:
    If I played 5x Punches and 2x Kid Flash, This equals +6 Power?
    Correct.

3) Green Arrow's Bow and J'onn J'onzz does not work for Super Heroes on the stack, correct?
    They DO. Super-Villain and Super Hero are interchangeable words.

4) Does Duplication activate Suicide Squad's ability?
    Yes
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by andymo24 View Post
    General engine question - If I play a card like Killer Croc or Blue Lantern PR that has the condition "if you play or have played x" and then that card is removed from play or returned to your hand, is that conditional text still active?

Hypothetical (because I can't think of the right specific cards right now), if I play Killer Croc (which is essentially, +1 if you play or have played another villain this turn) and then he is returned to my hand and I play him again, would the two played Killer Croc see each other and both be worth +3 power, even though it is the same card?
    The conditional forward-looking text of BLPR is no longer in play to see future Heroes enter play.
    Playing Killer Croc again can see that you already played a Villain this turn, so it would be worth +3 Power.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Apologies if this was answered before. Would a player who has Ozymandias that was frozen by Icicle's effect get to use Ozy's effect at the end of the the same turn he is unfrozen?

With Mirror Gun and shape shift, may you add back a single 2 cost Hero, Super Power, Equipment, or Villain card from your discard pile since shape shift is just one card? Or may you add back multiple cards?

I have some questions about the new Superheroes.

1) Max Mercury: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each Player adds the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up. Lose a number of VPs equal to twice the VP value of that card (*=3).

How does his first appearance attack work?

1) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. Only Player A loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.
    2) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. All players loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.

Also, how many VPs would someone lose if the top card of the main deck was 10*, e.g. Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger, etc.?

2) Wally West: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player gains two cards with cost 0 from the destroyed pile.

How is this determined? Does turn player decide what cards they will take and so on in clockwise fashion, until every player has gained the cards?

3) Hawkman: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player discards cards until they have discarded at least 5 POWER worth of cards. If your hand empties this way, gain 1 VP.

This attack is only looking for +Power cards for it's condition, correct? So if I had 3 Punches, a Kick, and a Weakness I would discard everything, but the Weakness. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulFire93 View Post
    Apologies if this was answered before. Would a player who has Ozymandias that was frozen by Icicle's effect get to use Ozy's effect at the end of the the same turn he is unfrozen?
    Yes. Your turn is over in step 1 of the end of turn sequence. "At end of turn" effects resolve in step 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulFire93 View Post
    With Mirror Gun and shape shift, may you add back a single 2 cost Hero, Super Power, Equipment, or Villain card from your discard pile since shape shift is just one card? Or may you add back multiple cards?
    Since Shapeshift has all card names, it matches every card in your discard pile. You will get to return one of each of those cards. Cost has no bearing on this interaction.
    I would suggest removing Shapeshift from the deck when using Rogues.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Axyz View Post
    I have some questions about the new Superheroes.

1) Max Mercury: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each Player adds the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up. Lose a number of VPs equal to twice the VP value of that card (*=3).

How does his first appearance attack work?

1) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. Only Player A loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.
    2) Player A adds the top card to the Line-Up. All players loses twice the VP value or that card. Proceed with Player B doing the same, etc.
    #1 is correct. If we wanted #2, it would read: "Add the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up. Each player loses a number of VPs..."

Also, how many VPs would someone lose if the top card of the main deck was 10*, e.g. Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger, etc.?
    20!

2) Wally West: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player gains two cards with cost 0 from the destroyed pile.

How is this determined? Does turn player decide what cards they will take and so on in clockwise fashion, until every player has gained the cards?
    Yes, but there is no "turn player" at the moment. FAAs happen in-between turns. The player to the left of the Super Hero defeater will get first pick, then clockwise. The player who defeated the previous Super Hero will get last pick, and will probably end up with Weaknesses or Vulnerabilities.

3) Hawkman: FIRST APPEARANCE - ATTACK: Each player discards cards until they have discarded at least 5 POWER worth of cards. If your hand empties this way, gain 1 VP.

This attack is only looking for +Power cards for it's condition, correct? So if I had 3 Punches, a Kick, and a Weakness I would discard everything, but the Weakness. Correct?
    You can discard any cards in any order. You can discard the Weakness if you wish, even though it contributes no Power. If you do, your hand will be empty and you will gain 1 VP. Or you may leave the Weakness in your hand by discarding the +1/+1/+1/+2 first (hitting +5 Power before your hand ran out). Note that if you were short 1 Punch in your example, you would be forced to discard the Weakness at some point during the process.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

How do the Stack Ongoing abilities work? Do they stay active until that Superhero/Villain is defeated?

Also, for The Flash [Returned from the Speed Force], which ability is the Stack Ongoing referring to, just the "At the start of your turn, lose 1 VP." or is it all of the text?

How do the Stack Ongoing abilities work? Do they stay active until that Superhero/Villain is defeated?

Also, for The Flash [Returned from the Speed Force], which ability is the Stack Ongoing referring to, just the "At the start of your turn, lose 1 VP." or is it all of the text?
    Yes, Stack Ongoing text is active while the card is on top of the stack (until defeated).
    All three sentences are part of the Stack Ongoing on Flash (15).
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    You can discard any cards in any order. You can discard the Weakness if you wish, even though it contributes no Power. If you do, your hand will be empty and you will gain 1 VP. Or you may leave the Weakness in your hand by discarding the +1/+1/+1/+2 first (hitting +5 Power before your hand ran out). Note that if you were short 1 Punch in your example, you would be forced to discard the Weakness at some point during the process.
    Follow up on this one (not my question originally, but mine is related ) : There's one card that grants +1 Power for each card in your hand. If I discard this to Hawkman's FAA (or a similar effect looking for a discard of power) - does it count as +4 power if I discard it first (with 4 cards remaining in my hand) - so I'd only need to discard that and a punch to reach the 5 Power requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    The conditional forward-looking text of BLPR is no longer in play to see future Heroes enter play.
    Playing Killer Croc again can see that you already played a Villain this turn, so it would be worth +3 Power.
    So the ruling is that conditional forward looking text stops when a card leaves play, but the card still counts as having been played for backward looking text? Makes sense.