Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthain View Post
    Follow up on this one (not my question originally, but mine is related ) : There's one card that grants +1 Power for each card in your hand. If I discard this to Hawkman's FAA (or a similar effect looking for a discard of power) - does it count as +4 power if I discard it first (with 4 cards remaining in my hand) - so I'd only need to discard that and a punch to reach the 5 Power requirement?
    Variable Power cards provide only the printed +X Power amount if there is any variable to them. Hawkgirl would be worth +1 Power, as she gets that regardless of how many Heroes are in your discard pile.

Crisis 1 rulebook used the example of Swamp Thing still being +5 Power if you control a Location, as that is a static effect. "If you played" or "count this" is not static, it's variable. Discarded cards don't resolve their game text, so Phasing is worth 0 Power.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 03-27-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by andymo24 View Post
    So the ruling is that conditional forward looking text stops when a card leaves play, but the card still counts as having been played for backward looking text? Makes sense.
    Correct.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Crisis 1 rulebook used the example of Swamp Thing still being +5 Power if you control a Location, as that is a static effect. "If you played" or "count this" is not static, it's variable. Discarded cards don't resolve their game text, so Phasing is worth 0 Power.
    Okay, so Killer Croc is +2 while discarded to Hawkman (as it's between rounds, so you can't have played another villain), and Man-Bat Serum is +0, as it's variable based on the # of VP you have. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Carthain View Post
    Okay, so Killer Croc is +2 while discarded to Hawkman (as it's between rounds, so you can't have played another villain), and Man-Bat Serum is +0, as it's variable based on the # of VP you have. Right?
    Correct.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

For Immortal Villain, if you have Mera in your hand with no discard pile, is she worth 4 or 2 for beating the crisis? What about cards like Swamp Thing and Power of the Green with Location active?

Quote Originally Posted by Allete View Post
    For Immortal Villain, if you have Mera in your hand with no discard pile, is she worth 4 or 2 for beating the crisis? What about cards like Swamp Thing and Power of the Green with Location active?
    These are all examples of static effects. They are either on or off. There is nothing to count. They all give their max Power.
    Your question on Swamp Thing was answered above.

If anyone else has any questions like this, please Private Message me. This thread should be for new questions.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Could I use Dr Alchemy to gain one of the new cards from the line-up, get the VPs, return the exact same card to the line-up, and then buy it with Power getting the VPs yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by SpatzAI View Post
    Could I use Dr Alchemy to gain one of the new cards from the line-up, get the VPs, return the exact same card to the line-up, and then buy it with Power getting the VPs yet again?
    Yes. That is exactly what he wants to be doing.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

When you Teamwork a foe, is it required that you play the revealed card? Can you see it but choose not to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    When you Teamwork a foe, is it required that you play the revealed card? Can you see it but choose not to play it?
    Teamwork is playing it. It does not say to "reveal" the card, but becomes revealed when played.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D