Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt V

Part V in honor of Crossover 5! Post your questions here. Strategy and non-rules questions/comments should go into other threads. If a question receives too many answers, some will be removed to keep things tidy.

FAQ
    Your Super-Villain's TEAMWORK ability may only be used ONCE per turn, unless a card says otherwise.

You may Teamwork the same foe more than once. You will see a different card each time.

Flash(15) grants extra uses of Teamwork only to Super-Villains with the keyword on them. It does not apply to cards that grant a Teamwork.

Any Teamwork that hits an Ongoing will steal it until it leaves play.

If you choose to Teamwork, you are playing the card. You don't get to see it before you decide, unless you played something that allows that ahead of time.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 04-06-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hi Matt,

Enjoying the new crossover but I just want to clarify how the new Teamwork ability works with a few scenarios that came up yesterday I wasn't sure of.

1. Are we able to just use the ability once from our Oversized SV at any point during our turn? Also only on any 1 foe we choose that turn? With the exception of the first Super Hero unless you're Captain Cold.

2. Some turns/cards allowed me to use the ability multiple times, am I able to pick multiple foes or do I have to pick the same foe that turn only and if I pick the same foe multiple times does the ability go to the next card on the top of there deck?

3. This question contains some spoiler, I'll try to not say to much about the card sorry...The final Super Hero has text at the bottom stating, "Players may Teamwork any number of foes", does that mean with one use of the ability I can target multiple foes or does that mean if I have multiple ways of using the ability that I can pick different foes? This being under the assumption that I can only pick 1 foe on a turn to use the abilities on normally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SANTOSCOOL View Post
    Hi Matt,

Enjoying the new crossover but I just want to clarify how the new Teamwork ability works with a few scenarios that came up yesterday I wasn't sure of.

1. Are we able to just use the ability once from our Oversized SV at any point during our turn? Also only on any 1 foe we choose that turn? With the exception of the first Super Hero unless you're Captain Cold.
    Yes, it does say "any ONE foe" in the wording on Teamwork, though Captain Cold ability can give him another.

2. Some turns/cards allowed me to use the ability multiple times, am I able to pick multiple foes or do I have to pick the same foe that turn only and if I pick the same foe multiple times does the ability go to the next card on the top of there deck?
    You can pick any number of foes 1-4. If you choose the same more than once, you will hit a new card each time. Note that the cards don't go back until they leave play. That means you get a new card each time.

3. This question contains some spoiler, I'll try to not say to much about the card sorry...The final Super Hero has text at the bottom stating, "Players may Teamwork any number of foes", does that mean with one use of the ability I can target multiple foes or does that mean if I have multiple ways of using the ability that I can pick different foes? This being under the assumption that I can only pick 1 foe on a turn to use the abilities on normally.

Thanks
    It means your Super-Villain inherent Teamwork can target each foe once, as separate instances. Meaning, if you TW all 3 foes, they each get 1 VP.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

1) Can the Teamwork activated ability on your Super-Villain be activated more than once? I assume not because the wording on the final Flash Superhero implies you can only activate it multiple times while he is out. It just isn't indicated on the rules card anywhere.

2) If I Teamwork a card, then Teamwork that player again during the same turn, I will be playing the top two cards of their deck (because the first Teamworked card will be in play), not the top card twice. Is that correct?

3) One card tells me to Teamwork a foe (I forget the name but it's the short-haired girl with glasses), then if I have drawn a card this turn, Teamwork again. Do I fully resolve the first Teamwork before checking for the second Teamwork. Like say I haven't drawn this turn. If the first Teamwork plays Johnny Quick from my foe's deck, do I get the second Teamwork? Or has the card that made me Teamwork (glasses girl) fully resolved before I played Johnny Quick?

In other words, do cards that are Teamworked fully resolve within the effect text of the card that caused them to be Teamworked?

4) With the final Flash, what is the timing of when I have to discard a card to play a card? Is it simultaneous? If I discard a punch while playing Expert Marksmanship, can I destroy the Punch? If I have no discard pile and discard a card cost 2 while playing Giganta, do I get +2 or +4 Power?

5) Trickster's effect means when you shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck, correct? The wording is a little awkward.

More questions will come as we play more games... my friend was scared to play Mirror Master because she couldn't seem to wrap her head around his effect, and I'm not sure I could keep up with it either. Pretty good Crossover pack overall, definitely an up in quality of effects compared to previous packs. Kind of confused why a few cards have text bubbles and comic panels when they are removed from most other cards, is there a reason? Publishers/artists not willing to edit them?

... Weather Wizard is so fun...
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Apple View Post
    1) Can the Teamwork activated ability on your Super-Villain be activated more than once? I assume not because the wording on the final Flash Superhero implies you can only activate it multiple times while he is out. It just isn't indicated on the rules card anywhere.
    ONCE per turn.

2) If I Teamwork a card, then Teamwork that player again during the same turn, I will be playing the top two cards of their deck (because the first Teamworked card will be in play), not the top card twice. Is that correct?
    Yes, 2 different cards.

3) One card tells me to Teamwork a foe (I forget the name but it's the short-haired girl with glasses), then if I have drawn a card this turn, Teamwork again. Do I fully resolve the first Teamwork before checking for the second Teamwork. Like say I haven't drawn this turn. If the first Teamwork plays Johnny Quick from my foe's deck, do I get the second Teamwork? Or has the card that made me Teamwork (glasses girl) fully resolved before I played Johnny Quick?

In other words, do cards that are Teamworked fully resolve within the effect text of the card that caused them to be Teamworked?
    Each TW plays a card. That card resolves before you TW again.

4) With the final Flash, what is the timing of when I have to discard a card to play a card? Is it simultaneous? If I discard a punch while playing Expert Marksmanship, can I destroy the Punch? If I have no discard pile and discard a card cost 2 while playing Giganta, do I get +2 or +4 Power?
    A card fully resolves before any outside effects resolve. Final Flash is an outside effect. So Expert Marksman will have to hit a card in your discard that is already there (or your hand as usual). Giganta won't see the discard, as it hasn't happened yet.

5) Trickster's effect means when you shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck, correct? The wording is a little awkward.
    Yes, when you shuffle your discard pile.

More questions will come as we play more games... my friend was scared to play Mirror Master because she couldn't seem to wrap her head around his effect, and I'm not sure I could keep up with it either. Pretty good Crossover pack overall, definitely an up in quality of effects compared to previous packs. Kind of confused why a few cards have text bubbles and comic panels when they are removed from most other cards, is there a reason? Publishers/artists not willing to edit them?

... Weather Wizard is so fun...
    DC artists give us permission to use their art. Some would prefer we leave it untouched. At the time we request a particular image, we don't know if they want to leave it as is or not, so we can end up with text bubbles in places where we might not have wanted them.
    Glad you are liking ROGUES!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 03-24-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thanks for the quick reply!

I want to make sure I understand Bag of Tricks and Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain).

1) Bag of Tricks Example:
    I pay 5 VP then I get +5 Power and draw 5 cards. Is this correct?

2) Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain) Example:
    If I played 5x Punches and 2x Kid Flash, This equals +6 Power?

3) Green Arrow's Bow and J'onn J'onzz does not work for Super Heroes on the stack, correct?

4) Does Duplication activate Suicide Squad's ability?
    Last edited by N-Finite; 03-26-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Let's say a card gives me the right to do something to one other player's Discard Pile (e.g. Broadsword). Do I have any right to see what's in my various opponents' Discard Piles before choosing a player?

Quote Originally Posted by SpatzAI View Post
    Let's say a card gives me the right to do something to one other player's Discard Pile (e.g. Broadsword). Do I have any right to see what's in my various opponents' Discard Piles before choosing a player?
    Yes. Each player's discard pile is public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by N-Finite View Post
    I want to make sure I understand Bag of Tricks and Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain).

1) Bag of Tricks Example:
    I pay 5 VP then I get +5 Power and draw 5 cards. Is this correct?
    Correct.

2) Mirror Master (Oversized Super-Villain) Example:
    If I played 5x Punches and 2x Kid Flash, This equals +6 Power?
    Correct.

3) Green Arrow's Bow and J'onn J'onzz does not work for Super Heroes on the stack, correct?
    They DO. Super-Villain and Super Hero are interchangeable words.

4) Does Duplication activate Suicide Squad's ability?
    Yes
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D