Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello.

I hope someone can help me. I have a question to a symbol one the Location cards. What does (*=3) mean? It is on the 4 Lovation cards of the hidden villages.

Greetings.

It means that any card with the * symbol in the VP spot the * is equal to 3 for the purposes of the card in question.
    Last edited by gerrymul; 12-14-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Apple View Post
    They said that an expansion was designed and completed but sales didn't warrant it's release.
    I would like to think that like most individuals who visit this section of the forum, have likely played a lot of the Deck Building Games put out by Cryptozoic. In brief, Here's how I feel about what I have played. Although irrelevant to the topic, so feel free to skip the opinion on other games,

=======================
    DC Original - Fun and easy
    DC Heroes United - Slightly more challenging
    DC Forever Evil - Difficult to say goodbye to cards
    DC Teen Titans - Interesting card management
    Cartoon Network - Kid friendly and easy
    Rick and Morty - Fun and love the Location abilities. Vulnerabilities are awesome
    LOTR: FOTR - Much like DC Original. Ambushes are great
    LOTR: TTT - Always fun when someone is screwed over by the wall
    LOTR: ROTK - Interesting mechanic with moving the ring around
    The Hobbit - Loot over enemies is interesting and fun. Although I do feel the expansion was possibly a failure, hence no Battle of 5 armies. And was an expansion chosen, rather than a new full game because the original game didn't do so well, I don't know.
    Street Fighter - Counter-attack mechanic is interesting
    Attack on Titan - No matter if I play this with a couple of people or with 5 people, I hate it. Maybe I'm playing it wrong. There are just too many cards to manage all over the place. it's not fun.
    =======================

I find it hard to believe that sales didn't warrant a release of an expansion. I did see the game online for a reasonable price, briefly. But figured I'd wait till I was buying other stuff. But when that time game, the game was selling for like $200 on amazon. Total BS.

I called up local game shops in my state, in Australia. Googled games shops across my country. I found nothing. I came on here and started going through a list of all the game shops listed on this very site looking to see who had online stores and who had the game listed. And there is a big list. Started with major cities in the US, then the UK.

Eventually went to google and I found 1 copy of the game in Wales in a small hobby shop. And I bought it for about 40pound. It was the worst experience I had buying online. The owner seemed lazy. And despite having an online store and selling overseas AND inviting correspondence via email in both the site and from the invoice, it wasn't until looking up the store on facebook 4 days later (and not hearing a reply), that their facebook says no correspondence will be replied to via email. Phone calls only. I am somehow incredibly lucky to be able to work out postage via facebook messenger. Despite the fact it took nearly two weeks (which is why lazy because I never got an answer other than later in the week, or early next week.)

All up I paid about $70AUD, which is surprisingly quite reasonable given the lengths i went to, to find a game that apparently DID NOT SELL WELL, yet took months to find.

Having played it, it was one of, if not the most enjoyable game. It is both challenging and time consuming. Combos are everywhere if you buy the right cards. The villains are well balanced between regular and impossible mode.

It is shocking that a second game or expansion was not released. How did Cartoon Network get a sequel? It honestly feels too small to be a sequel, yet too large to be an expansion. Maybe that it's designed for 2 - 4 players, instead of 5.

Maybe instead of Attack on Titan we should have gotten another Naruto game. It feels like jumping on the band wagon of what is popular and current given Naruto Shippuden has come to an end and the newest big thing in anime is Attack on Titan. Do we now drop Attack on Titan for something like Food Wars: The Deck Building Game??

Even if we can't get the a second game/expansion, it would be nice to know what we missed out on, like a card list or game mechanic, a list of villains or who the oversized characters would have been, was there anything new introduced?

Sorry if it feels like a rant. The Naruto Deck Building Game is genuinely one of the better games that experienced players would love. If you find it, play it, give it a chance. You're missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by dforce316 View Post
    Attack on Titan - No matter if I play this with a couple of people or with 5 people, I hate it. Maybe I'm playing it wrong. There are just too many cards to manage all over the place. it's not fun.
    I had the same reaction. There's just too much going on in that game. Too many game mechanics and not enough player ability to manage them effectively.

AoT seemed like it wanted to be kind of a hardcore mode, but it just gets way too hard way too fast. Out of a little over 10 games played with varying numbers of players, we've won only 2. I think the biggest issue is only having like, 4 cards total that get rid of wounds, then you get hit with 2 titans on the flop after barely dropping the archenemy and its all downhill from there.

More on topic though, I really liked the Naruto DBG's mechanics (got to play it on tabletop simulator) like the positive attacks and chakra points on the hero cards. Only real complaint I had was with one of the archenemies giving extra turns but the rest of the game felt pretty solid. Now I just wish I could even get a physical copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tschudy View Post
    More on topic though, I really liked the Naruto DBG's mechanics (got to play it on tabletop simulator) like the positive attacks and chakra points on the hero cards. Only real complaint I had was with one of the archenemies giving extra turns but the rest of the game felt pretty solid. Now I just wish I could even get a physical copy.
    I assume you're taking about Archenemy/Super Villain Itachi. Where if you can't defend your turn is skipped. I actually love this card. It fits well with the character. And if you're playing Villains in order of level, he is usually towards the end. My friend managed to play it twice in a row, giving him three hands which I had to sit and watch. Painful but fun...sadly it was me who told him how to do it.

Yeah, IIRC he's the 2nd last super villain. So, the player who gets him only has a limited amount of time to use his ability (if he even gets the chance)