Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Future of Naruto DBG

As a fan of the Cerberus DBG engine all around I love playing the different styles of these games available. However my favorite is the Naruto Shipudden DBG, and there's no news anywhere of an expansion coming for it anywhere I look. This universe has more than enough characters and lore to make multiple expansions that would be awesome! I guess I'm looking for someone to give me hope that it will happen at some point.

They said that an expansion was designed and completed but sales didn't warrant it's release.
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Translation: There's too many unsold copies of the first game sitting on the shelves at FLGS and they aren't gonna buy copies of the second game as a result.

My nearest FLGS has four copies of Naruto collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    Translation: There's too many unsold copies of the first game sitting on the shelves at FLGS and they aren't gonna buy copies of the second game as a result.

My nearest FLGS has four copies of Naruto collecting dust.
    Kinda funny, considering it goes for near $100 online for being hard to find in the wild. I ended up having to pay far higher then the other games when I was finishing my collection :\

Devoted Emissary
    It was gonna be good, the people who did get to play the expansion loved it. Obviously I'm not at liberty to talk about what it was, though.
    Lead Designer of Teen Titans & Arrow Crossover Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Bladecom View Post
    Kinda funny, considering it goes for near $100 online for being hard to find in the wild. I ended up having to pay far higher then the other games when I was finishing my collection :\
    It's not uncommon. Earlier this month when the Nintendo Switch launched, people were paying $600+ for one, while stores in certain areas were sitting on half a dozen extra consoles. Smaller retailers sometimes have items in stock that they don't have for sale online. It happens a lot with small FLGS.

The nearest P&PRPG focused game store in my area is owned by a guy who is basically a luddite. All transactions are recorded on a legal pad and the computer they have in the back is pre-pentium and they only use it to place orders. They tend to have rarer games at non-gouging prices. I stopped going there years ago because it wasn't as convenient as the store I go to now where they have better stock and order times.

im trying to learn more about naruto dbg. the rule book it came with does not have all the cards listed. i want to know more specifics about the cards and abilities and.or restrictions with them. where can i find like an extended rule book?

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    im trying to learn more about naruto dbg. the rule book it came with does not have all the cards listed. i want to know more specifics about the cards and abilities and.or restrictions with them. where can i find like an extended rule book?
    There isn't an extended rulebook. Go ahead and post any questions you have in this thread.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

first of all....great game dude!...my 15 year old son searched for this game for 3 weeks...apparently the only set that was available a demo...lol...i didnt know what to expect as ive never played these type of games before....im hooked.such a great time playing this with my son...thank you for designing such a complex and challenging game that isn't impossible to learn...i want more info on card clarification.. the card ino..if i produce enough chakra can i use more than one character chakra ability once each?
    also...does killer bee have to be played into a chakra point to utilize that cards ability?
    thanx agAin for responding...kinda cool im talking to the guy that made the game ....so my son cant argue with you..��...help me stomp this little terd....lol...long live the rebellion��������

first of all....great game dude!...my 15 year old son searched for this game for 3 weeks...apparently the only set that was available a demo...lol...i didnt know what to expect as ive never played these type of games before....im hooked.such a great time playing this with my son...thank you for designing such a complex and challenging game that isn't impossible to learn...
    Glad you like it!

i want more info on card clarification.. the card ino..if i produce enough chakra can i use more than one character chakra ability once each?
    You can use each Chakra ability only once each turn. By playing Ino, you simply have more options to choose from, but once each only. See bold text on top of rulebook page 6 and back of rulebook 2nd bullet point as well.

also...does killer bee have to be played into a chakra point to utilize that cards ability?
    thanx agAin for responding...kinda cool im talking to the guy that made the game ....so my son cant argue with you..��...help me stomp this little terd....lol...long live the rebellion��������
    No, Killer Bee does not need to be in a Chakra Point for this to work. The language is written that way just in case he IS in a Chakra Point he won't return. The FAQ entry on him at the top of page 12 reads: "If Killer Bee is in one your Chakra Points, he does not return to your hand." The word IF means a lot there. He doesn't need to be in a Point to resolve his ability.

Go get 'em dad!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D