Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Super Powers Cards

Today's Preview!
    I wasn't sure how I was going to go about these, but I think I'll show by type, and give the list of cards for the "type of the day" that are in the set. At the end of this I'll make the set list and the print sheets of all the cards available so everyone can try them out.

BendReality.jpg
    Bend Reality
    One of the strongest Defenses in the set, especially if you don't mind a Weakness or two in your deck. This obviously benefits Shade, but also anyone who picks up the Spear of Destiny equipment.

BreathOfFire.jpg
    Breath of Fire
    This card helps Constantine and Zatanna directly, via their abilities, but with some other card combinations, just about anyone.

FatefulSpell.jpg
    Fateful Spell
    A very strong card filtering card. One copy in the deck.

Incorporeal.jpg
    Incorporeal
    Several players have said they hate this card. I tend to reply, "it only cost 1". It is designed to work well with Deadman, as he doesn't mind getting another Defense in his next hand. Early game it's not hard to get at least +1 Power off of it, but later game after deck thinning it might be too weak as you often get 0. It needs to stay 1 cost, but suggestions or evaluations?

PowerCircle.jpg
    Power Circle
    In the vein of Forcefield, I like the flavor of this card. It can be quite useful as well. Benefits Constantine's destructive ability especially.

Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Super Powers Cards

Today's Preview (Contd)!

Regrowth.jpg
    Regrowth
    This card helps pile others into the destroyed pile for some of the Hidden Objectives, while allowing you to nab a nice lower cost buy. It's pretty good for Black Orchid, Swamp Thing, and Constantine.

Runecasting.jpg
    Runecasting
    This set, you'll notice by the end of the reveals, does play around with being slightly cooperative, without being directly cooperative. Very much like the Justice League Dark themselves. Runecasting is an X-Ray vision with upside for other players.

JLD_SuperPowerList.jpg
    Justice League Dark - Super Power List
    I also included the list of all Super Powers included in the set, and quantities of each (though I do see several old text descriptions for the cards in this list). Several cards you'll recognize from other sets. I thought about printing some of those (like Super Strength) with more flavorful art in some cases, but that really seemed like a waste of time for now.

Alright. That's it for today! Hope you've enjoyed! Leave comments and feedback and I'll be delighted. Ciao.
    Last edited by t_tibke; 04-05-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by t_tibke View Post
    Wow. Completely came to this organically. Well, leaning towards C then!
    I take that back. I think I was initially looking at some cards with the 'buy 2 a turn' trigger, and probably saw Cheetah. I ended up trying that on Shade for his trigger, but then copied the same trigger to Black Orchid and happened to use the latter part which was on another Raven card I worked on a while back. So pretty organic, but there's some root there somewhere

Bend Reality - Did you make up the card Spear of Destiny? And you aren't sharing it with at this time?

Breath of Fire - is it +4 power if you destroyed a card or put a card under your Hero, or is it 'you may put a card under your hero if you destroyed a card this turn', or is it 'You may put a card under your hero. If you choose not to, +4 power if you have destroyed a card this. Otherwise, +2 Power.'

Fateful Spell - do you place one of the three you drew or any card in your hand?

Power Circle - the use of the word "return" in the defense effect implies that a card in your discard pile was already destroyed in the current turn, which would be an opponent's turn given that you are being attacked (and first appearance attacks aren't during a turn). I don't think the way it is worded says to do what I think you are intending it to do. What are you intending, gain a card the current player destroyed? An Ongoing card that you can discard to recover a card you destroyed from your discard pile this turn?

Regrowth + New York City = I want
    Last edited by andymo24; 04-05-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Rigid Buffalo
    Wow. Completely came to this organically. Well, leaning towards C then!
    Quote Originally Posted by andymo24 View Post
    Bend Reality - Did you make up the card Spear of Destiny? And you aren't sharing it with at this time?

Breath of Fire - is it +4 power if you destroyed a card or put a card under your Hero, or is it 'you may put a card under your hero if you destroyed a card this turn', or is it 'You may put a card under your hero. If you choose not to, +4 power if you have destroyed a card this. Otherwise, +2 Power.'

Fateful Spell - do you place one of the three you drew or any card in your hand?

Power Circle - the use of the word "return" in the defense effect implies that a card in your discard pile was already destroyed in the current turn, which would be an opponent's turn given that you are being attacked (and first appearance attacks aren't during a turn). I don't think the way it is worded says to do what I think you are intending it to do. What are you intending, gain a card the current player destroyed? An Ongoing card that you can discard to recover a card you destroyed from your discard pile this turn?

Regrowth + New York City = I want

Breath of Fire reads: +4 power if you destroyed a card or +4 Power if you put a card under your Hero. Otherwise, if you didn't do either, +2 Power.'

Fateful Spell is intended to place one of the three you drew on top, but I suppose the wording doesn't quite specify that. I can adjust the wording.

Power Circle's upper section works when played, then becomes an Ongoing (like Forcefield). But you're right. The Defense isn't worded to do what was intended: A card you can discard to recover a destroyed card (usually another player's since you'll be avoiding an Attack), because it happens between turns. I suppose I'd have to make the change to: "... If you do, you may gain a card from the destroyed pile if it was put there since the end of a turn."

And what happens in New York, stays in New York? Yeah, that would be strong.

I suppose I'd have to make the change to: "... If you do, you may gain a card from the destroyed pile if it was put there since the end of a turn."
    Tracking who destroyed what and when would become very tedious. Maybe make it say, "... If you do, you may gain a card from the destroyed pile that was destroyed after the end of your last turn." Or the start of your last turn. Or only the current player's or previous player's turn. Do you want a FAA to be able to trigger the defense benefit?

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by andymo24 View Post
    Do you want a FAA to be able to trigger the defense benefit?
    I did yes, as quite a few destroy effects result from FAA's. Wording is getting ugly though. But maybe we're going about it wrong by stating turn specifics. Just thought of this...

"Defense: Discard this card to avoid an Attack. If you do, you may gain a card from the destroyed pile that was destroyed by the Attack."

If you're using the Defense half of the card at all, it would've HAD to come from an Attack, so this still gets us the same result. Agree?

You still have not said what exactly you want the defense benefit to be. If you want it to be to gain a card destroyed by the defended attack then

"Defense: You may discard this card from play to avoid an Attack. If you do, you may gain a card destroyed by that Attack."

I think that's pretty succinct and should override any timing issues. It is key to remember that all defenses resolve before the attack hits any player who didn't defend, so a Stargirl couldn't put a card destroyed by the defended attack on the bottom of the main deck. So this defense would be waiting to take effect till after everyone else is hit, and anyone hit will know that you can gain what they destroy so that might change what they destroy, if they have a choice.

Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Equipment Cards

Today's Preview!
    Today we'll be taking a look at the new Equipment in the set. While many are not super exciting, most of these are mystical and magical artifacts encountered by Constantine or owned by other members of the JLD.

BloodsArmor.jpg
    Blood's Armor
    This is the ancient armor of Jason Blood, worn by Etrigan, or something between the two. If a player plays this, Jason Blood is flipped over. Note that Etrigan, on the other hand, is not.

BooksOfMagic.jpg
    Books of Magic
    This is Tim Hunter's Books of Magic, who plays no part in the JLD movie, but takes a fairly important role in one comic arc.

Dreamstone.jpg
    Dreamstone
    The Dreamstone is central to the JLD movie, Ritchie Simpson, and the Super-Villain, Destiny. The Main Deck and Line-Up filtering helps you get to the cards you truly need. This was originally far more convoluted but it was annoying to play, so was simplified.

M-Vest.jpg
    M-Vest
    The Meta Vest, or Madness Vest, is the primary weapon of Shade. It's capable of all sorts of things, so I gave you the ability to choose from several. Just don't spend too long choosing which one. Nobody likes a slow-player!

SkeletonKey.jpg
    Skeleton Key
    One of the little trinkets Constantine happens to have on him. This helps retrieve Equipment he's destroyed with his ability.
    Last edited by t_tibke; 04-07-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Equipment Cards

Today's Preview (contd)!

SpearOfDestiny.jpg
    Spear of Destiny
    Something of an Equipment Bizarro.

SwordOfEtrigan.jpg
    Sword of Etrigan
    There are 3 copies of this in the set, so its one of the bread and butter Equipment cards. The inclusion of the Demon Etrigan Villain card, and the Jason Blood Hero card, tie in with this and Blood's Armor. It also allows you to play some of the cards you've ended up having to stuff under your Super Hero with no way to get them out. And again, turns Jason Blood into Etrigan.

ZatannasBlackHat.jpg
    Zatanna's Black Hat
    A nice under-costed +3 Power for 3 cost. It has the drawback of putting an unknown card under your Super Hero. Good thing Zatanna's good at playing those cards.

Justice League Dark - Equipment List
    Here's the list of all Equipment included in the set, and quantities of each. Several you'll recognize from other sets, especially lots of Batman related cards, including Utility Belts and Batarangs galore. These are here for Batman to really get up to speed and going with the Equipment. And if the other players try to hose him, there's always his Hidden Objective: Resourceful Adaptation to help out with that.

JLD_EquipmentList.jpg

Alright, that's it for now! A lot of these one off copies with high cost are tough to evaluate, but feel free to give feedback based on other cards with similarities or same cost to power ratios.