Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Event Cards

Today's Preview (contd)!

ATrojanSpirit.jpg
    A Trojan Spirit
    Through a clever plan, Etrigan, Constantine, and Deadman infiltrate Destiny's force field, and take him down.

This card gives a whopping 7 VP, but you must give your defeated Super-Villain to another player in order to defeat the Event. If you play your cards right, both players tend to end up with a good deal. Also, if you're Deadman, this card will let you pull a few extra Vulnerabilities to use as Defenses.

And those are the Justice League Dark Events! The only debate I still have is probably one that Cryptozoic had when designing Crisis cards. Do the Events need their own separate pile, since adding it to the Line-Up reduces the 5 options typically available for purchase? Possibly. I need to test it both ways.

Tomorrow we'll see the final batch of cards, the Super-Villains! Thank you all for the feedback you've provided so far. It's been a great help.
    Last edited by t_tibke; 04-11-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Super-Villain Cards

Today's Preview

Alright, this is it! The last cards to reveal for the Justice League Dark set! I'll release the full set list as an Excel sheet soon and the print sheets as well. We've still got some outstanding questions though on Black Orchid, a Zatanna adjustment, and a few other rewordings. I'll make sure those make it into the print sheets properly.

FelixFaust.jpg
    Felix Faust
    This is the JLD set's Felix Faust. I realize there's another promo Faust, but this one is designed to be the lead off Super Villain. It's simple, and is a card that makes sure there's always some amount of card placement under Super Heroes.

DrDestiny.jpg
    Destiny
    This is the final Super-Villain--the big boss man. It's been suggested I can make his cost higher, and that might be true. I tend to play with a group of 4 and he starts at 13 unless anyone defends that first attack. I may bump him up but he's usually defeated around 18 to 20 or so.

Cain.jpg
    Cain
    Cain is said to be the first vampire, and enemies with Andrew Bennett. This card is another method of playing cards from under your Super Hero.

Enchantress.jpg
    Enchantress
    In the comic, Enchantress is the first super-villain the JLD faces after June Moon is separated from Enchantress and things go wild. This card tends to be pretty easy if she shows up early game, while later she can be strong.

FloronicMan.jpg
    Floronic Man
    A bad fellow, and enemy of Swamp Thing, the Floronic Man is a card I included that deals with Locations.

Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Super-Villain Cards

Today's Preview (contd)!

NickNecro.jpg
    Nick Necro
    Nick is one of the people who brought Constantine and Zatanna together, unwittingly. Then things go south and he now hates them. Nick deals with similar mechanics to Zatanna and the under the hero theme.

Pralaya.jpg
    Pralaya
    A goddess. Pralaya is a very powerful card to grab, as she lets you put her under your Super Hero to defeat an Event. If you've got a good engine going for putting her under and taking her back out, you can really clean up on Events--and if you're Jason Blood or Batman, complete your Hidden Objectives easier (Surrounded by Foes and Clues Connected).

SolomonGrundy.jpg
    Solomon Grundy
    This is actually a rework of the Solomon Grundy from X1, which now has an Attack as well.

TheBlight.jpg
    The Blight
    I just remembered, this card is just an alternate art reprint of the Blight in C3. Carry on. It's a nasty and powerful card though.

JLD Card List - Super-Villains
    Here's the list of the Super-Villains to include in the set. Several supernatural/occult villains from other sets also appear here.

JLDCardList_SuperVillains.jpg

Rigid Buffalo

JLD Table Top!

Just thought I'd show everyone the money shot of tonight's Justice League Dark game setup!

JLD_TablePic.jpg

Rigid Buffalo

JLD - Print Sheets!

Rather than try to post in two different places, I'm going to go ahead and just steer you all right over here to my link at BoardGame Geek where you can grab all the print sheets for the Justice League Dark set!

Looking forward to all of your feedback and reports on playtesting sessions (even you Cryptozoic guys if you have the burning desire to do so! You know you want to )

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25619872#25619872

Quote Originally Posted by t_tibke View Post
    As for getting free cards from the main deck, the other cards in the set manipulate what's under the Super Heroes so much that it ends up not being as huge of an advantage as it appears. I'm still weighing Zatanna though, for sure. A potential shift down to 3 free cards at the beginning could be made. Shade's trigger makes it far less frequent now as well. I think Shazam!, Cosmic Staff, Silent Armor, and Grid(IM) all help to precedent card abilities of this nature though.
    They set the precedent for those card abilities sure -- but as something that you have to pay for if you're able to when they come up in the lineup (or villain stack) and then have to draw.

Having an always-available hero ability is a different matter. Shade(c) still seems like he'd be overpowered.

For Jason Blood -- I like the flipping between him and Etrigan ... but doesn't Jason always flip any turn that there's 1 or more villains in the line up?

Quote Originally Posted by Carthain View Post
    For Jason Blood -- I like the flipping between him and Etrigan ... but doesn't Jason always flip any turn that there's 1 or more villains in the line up?
    Yeah, you'll have no power at the start of your turn, so the 4 power condition wouldn't matter. That does seem OP. Maybe your hand should have to be empty and you have 4 power or less? And if you buy the SV could you then flip over if you have no power and there's a villain in the lineup? Can you do it twice in one turn? Then can you activate Etigran's ability twice in one turn, like they reset on every flip?

I also thought 5 was too much for Zatanna and Shade should probably be two of the same non-starter card type. To give Deadman a boost, maybe also let his ability destroy a card in your hand or discard pile. Also, normal Batman and other such simple Heroes are boring and possibly OP. I'm surprised you didn't make a more imaginative Justice League Dark version of Batman, and Swamp Thing, but Swamp Thing is probably alright.

You could also implement event spacing in the main deck if you wanted to. Divide the main deck into different sized piles and then shuffle event cards into those piles, then stack the piles. And set the initial lineup and Zatanna cards before shuffling in event cards.
    Last edited by andymo24; 04-14-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andymo24 View Post
    Yeah, you'll have no power at the start of your turn, so the 4 power condition wouldn't matter. That does seem OP. Maybe your hand should have to be empty and you have 4 power or less? And if you buy the SV could you then flip over if you have no power and there's a villain in the lineup? Can you do it twice in one turn? Then can you activate Etigran's ability twice in one turn, like they reset on every flip?
    I feel like it should be "at the end of your turn, if there is a villain in the line up and you generated less than 4 power, flip to Etrigan." So, when there's a villain around, and you can't muster the power to beat him up that turn ... then you get to flip.

Quote Originally Posted by andymo24 View Post
    ... Shade should probably be two of the same non-starter card type.
    My feeling about this as well.

Haven't had much chance to absorb the other cards yet.

I also feel like Constantine is way OP. Basically automatic +2 every turn and destroying all your starters early game. But normal Constantine is just too weak. Maybe add "if it's cost is zero, gain a weakness." Maybe he works with this version of DCDB and the other heroes - I'm just thinking generally across all my play experience.

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthain View Post
    Having an always-available hero ability is a different matter. Shade(c) still seems like he'd be overpowered.

Shade's ability triggers a very reasonable number of times in a game now. I think with everyone's feedback he's come to a pretty balanced place. Feel free to test him out with the set and see if you still agree. And definitely make note from the print sheets that his ability now reads:

If you played 2 or more Non-Starter card types on your turn, destroy a card you played this turn. At the end of your turn, put the bottom card of the Main Deck into your hand.

Shade.jpg

Jason Blood does not flip every turn, no. After the wording adjustments that were made based on feedback, he was even slightly underpowered because he doesn't flip on the turn he has the 4 power or less, but at the end of the turn. THus, the return to +2 Power while you're Etrigan. And you're forgetting that the defeat of a Super-Villain flips him back to Jason Blood as well. Again, note the changes that were made to both:

Etrigan.jpgJasonBlood.jpg