Questions regarding Crisis Super-Villains

So I finally was able to pick up all 3 of the Crisis Expansions to complete my entire set for DC DBG. I went through the rules and seen that you don't place Super-Villains into your discard pile as usual, they are removed from the game (not destroyed). However they have "card text" as if they were to be played from your hand like all of the other Super-Villains or Superheroes from the other main decks.

So my question is this: Is there any mode/way for those Crisis Super-Villains to actually be played from your hand? If not, why give the cards the normal "first appearance attack" and regular card text like "+3 power" etc as if they were to be played. Just seems odd to see them have normal card text if they are never supposed to be in your deck/hand.

I did try searching for an answer to this, but one thread was 37 pages long and the search didn't seem to find a post to properly answer this.

They can also be used in competitive mode, so you would gain them to your discard pile which is how they would wind up in your hand to be played.
    Last edited by midnight_rider; 04-30-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see that noted in the rules for competitive mode.

They basically act as hard mode for competitive gameplay.