Thread: GenCon 2017

GenCon 2017

Once again, the DC Deck-Building events sold out immediately. I clicked to register my Wish List the second it came up and still lost out.

Any chance we could get some additional spacing for the events? These events are one of (if not the main) reasons I go to GenCon every year.

I hit submit on my wishlist right at noon and 7 minutes later I was number 7389 in line. I sat here all day refreshing refreshing the DC events and throughout the day I was able to get into 3 that said they were sold out. I have to try to repeat as Gencon DC Champion!
    2016 Gencon DC Deckbuilding Game Champion

Not sure either... everything sold out pretty fast.

Matt, are you guys thinking of running more events? Or are most of us just out of luck
    Last edited by Tamahome; 05-28-2017 at 06:14 PM.

We will be running 4-man DC events all weekend long, with new promos for prizes.
    Anything more than that will have to wait for the actual event, space permitting.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Yeah, I had to reload my screen at 8:57 (PST) and it took until 9:04 to reload. Then I hit the submit button, took a few minutes to register and I started back about 7900 people. Not even close to making it into the BoP/R qualifiers, but I was able to get into one of the "preview new expansions" sessions. It was odd, because when my list finished it said "event full, couldn't get ticket" but it wasn't greyed out. So I clicked the event itself and there were 3 tickets left so I snagged one. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    with new promos for prizes.
    New Promos? Plural? Sweet.

you know it really excites me to hear that DC is that popular at Gencon, it almost makes me want to go back, I haven't been to gencon since it was in milwalkee