Thread: Gencon is now!

Gencon is now!

Scooped up all the deck building game product, will post pics later but the gencon exclusives are confrontations, birds of prey and multiverse. Also scooped up rick and north DBG. Looks like they sold out of confrontations at first look.

I'm soo jealous, I'm stuck here in california. So I have to wait for the release date to be announced.

Do you know the quantities of Birds of Prey and Multiverse they are selling each day?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Do you know the quantities of Birds of Prey and Multiverse they are selling each day?
    Those two have higher quantities at about 80 each per day. The other two are about 21 per day.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Matt, The fact that you have confrontations at gen con, does that mean you're close to giving us a release date?

Looking for promos if anyone has gotten any extras

Hey Matt, was there any exclusive promos handed out during Gen Con? I'm trying to update my check list.

I saw Promo Rick around a lot, I was under the assumption is was a first print promo, but unsure now.
    I recall you saying Gypsy was a prize for those who Won games during the weekend, and the other games like confrontations, crossover 6, and Multiverse don't appear to include first print promos.
    I also saw Kid Flash appear for Teen Titans Go as a promo when you presented with BGG, game didn't seem to be available yet, for purchase.

Also, for the 2016 and 2017 volunteer Promos, are we able to get some release images of those?

Other then that; I wanted to saw that I was pleasantly surprised with TTG showcase, how it was built with both Crossover Crisis, and DC in mind, appears to even include Multiverse Tabs. Confrontations appeared to be as advertised, Hope it does well, can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladecom View Post
    Hey Matt, was there any exclusive promos handed out during Gen Con? I'm trying to update my check list.

I saw Promo Rick around a lot, I was under the assumption is was a first print promo, but unsure now.
    I recall you saying Gypsy was a prize for those who Won games during the weekend, and the other games like confrontations, crossover 6, and Multiverse don't appear to include first print promos.
    I also saw Kid Flash appear for Teen Titans Go as a promo when you presented with BGG, game didn't seem to be available yet, for purchase.

Also, for the 2016 and 2017 volunteer Promos, are we able to get some release images of those?

Other then that; I wanted to saw that I was pleasantly surprised with TTG showcase, how it was built with both Crossover Crisis, and DC in mind, appears to even include Multiverse Tabs. Confrontations appeared to be as advertised, Hope it does well, can't wait to try it!
    No "exclusive" promos handed out there. Gypsy was also handed out at Origins and will be available elsewhere down the line.

Promo Rick is indeed the first printing promo for R&M DBG.

Correct: Confrontation, Birds of Prey, and Multiverse don't have promos.

Kid Flash is the promo for TTG. It has text that is functionally the same as the original KF promo, so that can be ported directly into your DC games (the Hero side, not the Sidekick side). Yes, there is a Multiverse tab and randomizer in TTG.

The 2017 volunteer promo does not exist yet. Someone else will have to post an image of the 2016s.

Confrontations is pretty great! It should do well...
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Waited for a half hour to get into the hall on Friday of Gencon, line filled up fast and I was about halfway around the booth. Once I got to about quarter of the way around Matt walked through letting us know Rick DBG was sold out, but when I got to the front there were plenty of Multiverse and Confro, so I picked them up (I was able to snag BoP during a random visit on day 1).

Got MV on the table last Tuesday and had a BLAST with it. Main deck was set 1 and we went through cards from every base, 2 Crises and 3 Crossovers. clean up is a bit of a bear on this one, not only separating all the different cards pulled, but resorting the super-villains/heroes that go with each set that are used as your generals and then sorting all the oversized cards that you just shuffled up.

That said, the new mode is REALLY fun.

I like to keep the 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s Supervillains separate in the box because I know I will be Multiverse a lot.