Runt of the Litter

Birds of Prey in Heroes Unite?

I have the Heroes Unite base set with Justice Society, Watchmen and Crisis 2 packs. I'm planning on adding Crisis 1 cards to that since they appear to just add more variety. I don't play Crisis Mode or Watchmen Mode.

Will Birds of Prey with the rotation ability work with that?

I didn't buy Rogues because the abilities seemed to only mesh with Forever Evil, and I'm concerned this new pack will be Teen Titans centric. I liked Justice Society and Watchmen because the cards could go in any set and work well.

-----------

As explanation, I don't care for the original set or Forever Evil. Teen Titans is OK. I felt the Time Travel mechanic broke the game so never bought my own copy of that crossover pack. I did not buy the Arrow crossover because of the extreme difference in art (but would buy it if you ever came out with a comic book art edition). I don't plan on getting the Multiverse Box since it appears to fundamentally change the game. In other words, I'm picky about what I add to my set... It's not the money, it's the gameplay.

I'm curious - as I love the Time Travel mechanic -- what makes you feel that it breaks the game?

The Time Travel Mechanic is great. I was able to look at and use my opponents top card of his deck. It was a Super Strength, then destroyed it with the Time Travel mechanic. It was hilarious

I'm pretty sure your opponent would get his Super Strength back.

Time Travel is inherently broken, I agree. It's definitely my least favorite mechanic out of any of the Crossovers. It gets even worse if you start using other characters, because Bane just trounces anybody and everybody if there's a Time Travel card in the Line-up, but you don't really need that to add to the sillyness because Phantom Girl is plenty busted all by herself.

To answer your question, I managed to get in a few games of Birds of Prey while at GenCon. It was combined with Teen Titans, as it was designed to be, and that seems like the best way to play it, though I'm sure it works just fine with any base set. Just not as well since there aren't many non-Location cards to control, except for Force Field (Heroes Unite).